Urban badgers

Just outside Tavistock
Paignton/Torquay area iirc. Not sure about Tavistock tbh but it’s near a place called Buckfast which Is possibly connected With the cheap wine the jocks drink.
There’s a butterfly house next door to the otter place and I’d never been in one of those either......by Christ they’re hot n humid.

Paignton/Torquay area iirc. Not sure about Tavistock tbh but it’s near a place called Buckfast which Is possibly connected With the cheap wine the jocks drink.
There’s a butterfly house next door to the otter place and I’d never been in one of those either......by Christ they’re hot n humid.
Buckfastleigh just off the A38?

There’s a butterfly place there. There’s Buckfast Abbey close by as well.

Seen quite a few over the years
I was once on a woodland footpath at dusk which was also a badger track, one came towards us at speed and had no intention of stopping,
had to jump aside - massive bastard it was
not urban like

My dream is to see an otter. They’re making big comebacks as well, apparently.

Might get myself a boat again. I loved pottering about on the canals watching the kingfishers, herons and water voles.

Have you considered an inflatable kayak? They are a great way to explore waterways and roll up in a small bag.

There is a campsite in Sussex I have been to where they regularly see badgers. I went out walking in the woods at dusk and managed to see a couple. I have seen a couple crossing the roads round here too and there was a dead one yesterday morning.

I have been making a wildlife trail camera which I want to get running on battery and leave in the woods near a badger trail to see if I can get any shots.

Last edited:
Now live in Edinburgh on the outskirts and often see them at dusk if I’m out running. They sometimes stand their ground and hiss at you. Scarey bastards.

I was lucky enough to see 4 wild badgers a few years ago in Northumberland, we were on a overnight camp and there was a set about 500 yards from where we were. The land owners son took us up as it was getting dark he had thrown a few peanuts on the ground, great sight.

I was lucky enough to see 4 wild badgers a few years ago in Northumberland, we were on a overnight camp and there was a set about 500 yards from where we were. The land owners son took us up as it was getting dark he had thrown a few peanuts on the ground, great sight.
Apparently they go wild for the old peanuts.

Back