Urban badgers

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Flared Hicks, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Na the embankment drops down to the field. It’s owned by the university now they play American Football on it.

The Badger sett is on the embankment bit though.

Stray Cat likes this.
  2. Stray Cat

Stray Cat Striker

I really should pay more attention :D

3. There’s a gridiron pitch marked out, goalposts and everything man :lol:

4. Stray Cat

Stray Cat Striker

It was dark last time I was there man

5. riffraff

riffraff Striker

Paignton/Torquay area iirc. Not sure about Tavistock tbh but it’s near a place called Buckfast which Is possibly connected With the cheap wine the jocks drink.
    There’s a butterfly house next door to the otter place and I’d never been in one of those either......by Christ they’re hot n humid.

6. Buckfastleigh just off the A38?

There’s a butterfly place there. There’s Buckfast Abbey close by as well.

riffraff likes this.
  7. riffraff

riffraff Striker

If the @38 is in Devon then yes. The otter place is next literally next door. You buy a combined ticket and basically go through the butterfly place to get to the otters.

Flared Hicks likes this.
  8. I pass by there often on the way to the ferry at Plymouth. Might take some time out and pop in one time. Cheers.

9. Lammi

Lammi Midfield

Seen quite a few over the years
    I was once on a woodland footpath at dusk which was also a badger track, one came towards us at speed and had no intention of stopping,
    had to jump aside - massive bastard it was
    not urban like

10. The abbey is where the monks do the tonic

Big weasel they are. All the same family

Badgers and not the monks

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  11. DaveH

DaveH Striker

Have you considered an inflatable kayak? They are a great way to explore waterways and roll up in a small bag.

There is a campsite in Sussex I have been to where they regularly see badgers. I went out walking in the woods at dusk and managed to see a couple. I have seen a couple crossing the roads round here too and there was a dead one yesterday morning.

I have been making a wildlife trail camera which I want to get running on battery and leave in the woods near a badger trail to see if I can get any shots.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  12. Teejay

Teejay Winger

Now live in Edinburgh on the outskirts and often see them at dusk if I’m out running. They sometimes stand their ground and hiss at you. Scarey bastards.

13. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

If you want to stop them from digging up your beds, don't let them in the house ;)

I don't recall seeing a live badger in the wild, just the roadkill version.

14. They were out and about last night. Churned all the beds up and starting to make a sizeable hole in the hedge where they are coming through into the garden.

15. RichD

RichD Striker

I was lucky enough to see 4 wild badgers a few years ago in Northumberland, we were on a overnight camp and there was a set about 500 yards from where we were. The land owners son took us up as it was getting dark he had thrown a few peanuts on the ground, great sight.

16. Apparently they go wild for the old peanuts.

17. RichD

RichD Striker

The lad told us it was a great way to get them out of the set.

18. Billy Rocket

Billy Rocket Winger

How many in the shopping centre altogether?

19. Nee badgers here.

But there is a fox knocking around that is the size of a pony. Would leave a big dent in the car if you hit it.