Urban badgers

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Flared Hicks, Feb 13, 2018.

1. heroesof73

heroesof73 Striker

Rants man, ages since you started a thread on one:lol:

2. Flared Hicks

Flared Hicks Striker

Step away from the gin bottle man, grandma.

3. heroesof73

heroesof73 Striker

@tunstall birdman wants to see a live Beaver:lol:;)

4. Flared Hicks

Flared Hicks Striker

We used to have a tawny owl come and land on the climbing frame in the back garden. Haven’t heard it for a while now you come to mention it.

Well jealous of your otter spotting mind.

becs likes this.
  5. hoggs11

hoggs11 Full Back

Seen them in the night about my place but once in broad daylight in the middle of summer in between the swaths of straw. I drove past it in, git big fucker bold as brass. It was in the field i have behind a pub, the badger may have just been for a pint.

6. Chesterladmackem

Chesterladmackem Goalkeeper

Was in Grassmere a couple of years ago around November, and saw one walking down the path through the village bold as brass, taking no notice of cares, people etc.

7. niceonemarra

niceonemarra Winger

I saw a homeless person.

Are you accusing me of being an alcoholic pisshead with issues that relate to too much drinking and not enough thinking?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  8. dom

dom Striker

I see owls all the time. Absolutely amazing watching them fly.
    Not too keen when they attack little birds nests though. :-(

becs likes this.
  9. becs

becs Striker Contributor

There's a number of nesting birds in my garden and next door. Mainly blackbirds and tits. A sparrowhawk pops in now and again and helps itself to the little birds. I know it's nature but I was a bit sad one day when Mrs Blackbird was sitting on the fence screeching like mad while the sparrowhawk was merrily ripping up Mr Blackbird and eating him :(

10. dom

dom Striker

Yeah a friend of mine sees the power of the sparrowhawk in his garden,it’s a bit gruesome!

11. ---Nemo---

---Nemo--- Striker

Two badgers use the back path past my gaff almost every night. One is a decent size, the other is quite small. The big one almost walked into me one late summer evening. I could hear the sound of his claws on the path as he approached so I stood as still as I could as he strolled into view as cool as you like. He was no more than couple of yards away when he finally raised his head, spotted me, and then bolted off through the bushes. They can shift when they want to. :)

riffraff and Flared Hicks like this.
  12. Just outside Tavistock

riffraff likes this.
  13. becs

becs Striker Contributor

There was no real mess mind. I went out after the sparrowhawk had gone and there was just a pile of feathers and a yellow beak left behind.

dom likes this.
  14. Badgers are lovely animals to look at but are quite contentious at the moment.
    Never saw one for years but see them regular now.

15. Stray Cat

Stray Cat Striker

Field?? :lol:

16. mcq10

mcq10 Striker

Saw a couple before. I always assumed they were small animals like rabbits.

Big fuckers in real life.

Love winding the father in law up about protecting them (he’s a farmer).

17. Stray Cat

Stray Cat Striker

I once saw a badger walking down our road. It was on the path and making a right clacky racket with its long nails.

Massive it was too.

18. heroesof73 likes this.
  19. Flared Hicks

Flared Hicks Striker

The playing field out front before the racecourse

20. Stray Cat

Stray Cat Striker

I thought there was just a bit of an embankment then the race course.