Up pops Charlie boy again

Status
Not open for further replies.

What's he said? Charlie, not the op

They have put sales on at the ticket office this is taken from the website

SAFC’s executive director, Charlie Methven, said: “Whether you are a player, a supporter or a member of staff, Sunday’s game marks the culmination of our efforts throughout the last 12 months.

“Sunderland supporters have consistently been at the forefront of the club’s efforts, following the players every step of the way on a journey that, poetically we hope, will start and end with wins against Charlton Athletic.

“The Checkatrade Trophy was a party, but this weekend is a different matter, I think. It is about us all coming together one last time and doing everything within our power to push our club over the line.

“Given the short notice, of course there will be people with valid reasons for not being able to attend. I would, though, urge any waverer who can come to Wembley but hasn’t yet bought a ticket to do so, and be part of making the crucial difference.

“All of us football fans know that there are only so many matches that have the potential to become ‘I was there’ memories, and Play-Off Finals certainly fit into that category.”

SAFC’s executive director, Charlie Methven, said: “Whether you are a player, a supporter or a member of staff, Sunday’s game marks the culmination of our efforts throughout the last 12 months.

“Sunderland supporters have consistently been at the forefront of the club’s efforts, following the players every step of the way on a journey that, poetically we hope, will start and end with wins against Charlton Athletic.

“The Checkatrade Trophy was a party, but this weekend is a different matter, I think. It is about us all coming together one last time and doing everything within our power to push our club over the line.

“Given the short notice, of course there will be people with valid reasons for not being able to attend. I would, though, urge any waverer who can come to Wembley but hasn’t yet bought a ticket to do so, and be part of making the crucial difference.

“All of us football fans know that there are only so many matches that have the potential to become ‘I was there’ memories, and Play-Off Finals certainly fit into that category.”
Seems perfectly reasonable to me. It’s not even a full blown rally cry just a statement of fact really

There's more whinging, negativity and people trying to have a pop than there was when Short was here and we were plummeting like a stone with leeches playing for us.

This is something I genuinely can't understand. There are still people defend Short on here now and try to give him credit for the good work that's been done as he wiped the debt (debt he got us into in the first place)

The new lot have less money but care way more and are willing to push the club forward from our lowest ebb. There seems to be loads of animosity for anything they do.

Good statement.

Anyone outraged by this needs to give themselves a look in the mirror.

What an absolute bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back