Up at 5 for work.

I'm up a 4am for running/cycling before going to work, 5am is a piece of piss. That said, was poster on here other day saying a 9am start work day was too early for him :D
It completely blows my mind that anyone does this by choice. Why not stay in bed and do it after work? I guess some of us are nocturnal and some aren’t. I went on the cross trainer at 11pm last night.

It completely blows my mind that anyone does this by choice. Why not stay in bed and do it after work? I guess some of us are nocturnal and some aren’t. I went on the cross trainer at 11pm last night.
Ha, don`t have to get up for work anymore but always up early 6 ish too take dog along river, best time of the day.
Can see the traffic on the A19 bridge ohh how i don`t miss it.

A variety of reasons, everyone’s life is different.

I like to be proactive and get what I can out of the way first thing. I get anxious if I feel like I’m not achieving much so getting to the gym first thing is a big tick in the box to start the day off.

Others it might not be so much of a choice, e.g childcare responsibilities in the evening so need to exercise first thing.

I spent my late teens, 20s and early 30s doing every shift pattern imaginable, never knew what day it was sometimes. Awful finishing work at 22.00 on a Friday knowing I was on nightshift Sunday !
I have worked 08.00 - 16.00 for around 20 years now and the difference it makes to your quality of life is huge, I honestly dont know how I used to roll in blotto at 11 on a Sunday and get up at 5 for 6-2.
I know your lifestyle changes as you get older but midweek drinking followed by work the next day is unfathomable for me now.
I was similar in my 20’s, absolutely not a clue how I did it. 8 pints the night before then a full day’s work from dawn’s crack the following day.

Nowadays if I eat past 8pm I feel rough the next day for my 8am start

A variety of reasons, everyone’s life is different.

I like to be proactive and get what I can out of the way first thing. I get anxious if I feel like I’m not achieving much so getting to the gym first thing is a big tick in the box to start the day off.

Others it might not be so much of a choice, e.g childcare responsibilities in the evening so need to exercise first thing.
Mine isn’t a choice as my body clock is firmly set to sleep till 10am, regardless of bedtime. I spent a week off work with no alarms set and woke up thereabouts every day, even though I was napping through the day as well. So it’s a bit of a pain to have to force myself up at 6.45 on workdays.

I had decades of up at 5.45 for the 6.27 to London. That included shower, shit, shave, a breakfast and a 12 minute drive to the station.
If I got back by 7.30pm I was in luck, normally 8 to 8.30.
Now retired the thought just horrifies me. I just don't know how I did it.
If I'm out of bed by 8.30 am nowadays it's a virtuous start, the alarm a reminder I can choose to ignore and no longer a command to obey.
Bliss-

Mine isn’t a choice as my body clock is firmly set to sleep till 10am, regardless of bedtime. I spent a week off work with no alarms set and woke up thereabouts every day, even though I was napping through the day as well. So it’s a bit of a pain to have to force myself up at 6.45 on workdays.
Aye but you play video games till early hours of the morning. Go to bed earlier and you get up earlier

I'm up a 4am for running/cycling before going to work, 5am is a piece of piss. That said, was poster on here other day saying a 9am start work day was too early for him :D
Everyone’s different. When I used to work at my old place about 15 year ago sometimes used to get in about 9:20-30 (was flexi time). Used to be a bloke that would pass comment “afternoon” “what time do you call this”, that kinda shit. He seemed not to appreciate that he was able to go home at 4 cos people were stopping till 5:30 covering the core business hours.

Think im midway between you n Dave tbh!

Like why the feck do retired folk get up n golf midweek 7am the silly twats.

Gentle lie in, full english n tee off tenish.
I like to be in gym around 9-30 ish so can get workout swim n sauna in before lunchtime, agree its early but soon catch up with a cheeky after lunch nap 😴

Aye but you play video games till early hours of the morning. Go to bed earlier and you get up earlier
No I don’t. It’s an smb myth man.
You’re also not listening. I can have 10 hours sleep a day and i still won’t wake up before 10.
Just give up. It’s not worth it :lol:
If people are happy to come home from work and go straight to bed then it’s a pretty miserable life.

Last edited:

Back