Up at 5 for work.

When I go into the office I get the earliest possible train which is about 05:30 from my local station. Zero chance I’d be drinking the night before you maniac :lol:

That said, been getting up early regardless to get in the gym for 05:30 even if I’m WFH.

Pretty much knocking the drink on the head now after an overindulgent December and January.

I spent my late teens, 20s and early 30s doing every shift pattern imaginable, never knew what day it was sometimes. Awful finishing work at 22.00 on a Friday knowing I was on nightshift Sunday !
I have worked 08.00 - 16.00 for around 20 years now and the difference it makes to your quality of life is huge, I honestly dont know how I used to roll in blotto at 11 on a Sunday and get up at 5 for 6-2.
I know your lifestyle changes as you get older but midweek drinking followed by work the next day is unfathomable for me now.

I'm up a 4am for running/cycling before going to work, 5am is a piece of piss. That said, was poster on here other day saying a 9am start work day was too early for him :D
I saw that 0900 post and laughed. My ambulance shifts used to start at 0600 and our meal break window was 0900-1100. I’d done 1/2 a days work by 0900 compared to some people’s working day.
I don’t do them shifts now and when I do my bank shifts I won’t go in any earlier than 0800, normally a 1000 start which is nice 😊

I'm up a 4am for running/cycling before going to work, 5am is a piece of piss. That said, was poster on here other day saying a 9am start work day was too early for him :D
Probably the same type who complains it's dark when they get home from work and could we move the clock so it's lighter at night.

Back