Unrequited road rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
People park on my drive outside my home.

Fairly bizarre, but that’s the culture in my street.

I get to my drive, honk my horn, and invariably someone comes out and moves it.

The other day this bloke came out his house (11am or so) and had a go at me for honking the horn once because I should knock on his door and politely ask him to move.

a) nah like it’s freezing
b) what am I supposed to do knock on the entire street until I find the prick whose parked on my property?

The correct response was to tell him if he parks it there again he'll be buying new tyres.

Driving in the outside lane on the motorway, van in front moves into the middle lane, I accelerate into the space he left, overtaking him in the process. He then puts his foot down, undertakes me, looks back and stares at me whilst he’s doing it, moves into the outside lane and brake checks me. Mental.

People park on my drive outside my home.

Fairly bizarre, but that’s the culture in my street.

I get to my drive, honk my horn, and invariably someone comes out and moves it.

The other day this bloke came out his house (11am or so) and had a go at me for honking the horn once because I should knock on his door and politely ask him to move.

a) nah like it’s freezing
b) what am I supposed to do knock on the entire street until I find the prick whose parked on my property?
Buy Streetwize Round Parking Post | Car tools | Argos

I had some yesterday, all very odd.

I came out of my Ma's at Silksworth just after 12 to drive home to get changed for the match. Drove past the Comrades club turned right into the narrow street, as always lots of cars parked on the right, my right of way of the left.

I get about 50 yards up the road and there's this about 30 year old bloke doing a turning manoeuvre involving the back lane. I stopped a couple of car lengths from the back lane and eventually he starts reversing down the road towards me. He gets about a cars length away, I'm hovering over my horn to warn him but he stops.

He pulled back forward half into the lane at about a 45 degrees so I pulled forward to pass but as I got level he jumped out of the car fffing and blinding and as I looked into my mirror confused he's standing in the road cussing, hopping mad shaking his fists. I burst out laughing and drove off.

I chuckled all the way home thinking;

A. What was he trying to do?
B. How was I supposed to know what he was trying to do?
C. What was he expecting me to do and why was he so angry :)

I've just put it down to Xmas rage / still in black eye Friday mode. If it was you, calm down (in the Harry Enfield Scouser accent).

Anyone else had any rage related incidents this Christmas?

There was a couple of incidents yesterday when I dropped the eldest off in Durham city centre where angry and impatient wankers seemed to get a bit irate I noticed because I was sticking to the speed limit :D

My mrs had some road rage in Wolsingham a few weeks back at the entrance to the old school. Someone was driving up the narrow entrance road whilst she was driving in the other direction. He could get around her car but he would have had to reverse a bit and get his nice car a bit muddy. Bit of a standoff ensued. Words were exchanged. She locked her car and went for a walk. Came back later. He was gone, job sorted.

Online shopping man. Avoid the Asda Hunger Games. It’s not worth it.

Are you suggesting driving to Sainsbury’s for your meat, Aldi for your veg and then to Asda for your other bits in order to save a fiver is a waste of f***ing time and petrol?

Can you come round mine for Christmas and explain this to my ma?

Is that right . I didn't nar that mind . And I nar everything else .
It's something along these lines:

Dropped kerb parking law
There are effectively two types of dropped kerbs; the type outside of private or business residence to allow access to the property, and those found at or close to pedestrian crossings. Parking a vehicle across either type of dropped kerb is classed as an obstruction and either the police or local councils can enforce the contravention. Based on the resources a particular authority has in dealing with the contravention, particular attention will typically be allocated to offences that impede the passage of those with disabilities.

some have those stupid daytime running lights but don't realise they've got no back lighting.

anyway, this thread has reminded me we're running low on pikelets. might need to nip to asda.

bloody hell, didn't realise this thread was a year old and spookily enough i've just come back from peterlee asda with some pikelets. potato skins as well but they were an impulse buy.
just a heads up to anyone thinking of going to peterlee asda, i'd not bother, it's absolute carnage in there. queues a mile long for the tills and folk trying to be clever taking trollies through the fast bit for the baskets. might not be signposted as such but it's just common decency to use the appropriate checkout. it's only a matter of time before it goes up.

bloody hell, didn't realise this thread was a year old and spookily enough i've just come back from peterlee asda with some pikelets. potato skins as well but they were an impulse buy.
just a heads up to anyone thinking of going to peterlee asda, i'd not bother, it's absolute carnage in there. queues a mile long for the tills and folk trying to be clever taking trollies through the fast bit for the baskets. might not be signposted as such but it's just common decency to use the appropriate checkout. it's only a matter of time before it goes up.
This exactly what I'd expect of people who shop in Asda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back