Unrequited road rage

Keith S30S

Inside right
Staff member
I had some yesterday, all very odd.

I came out of my Ma's at Silksworth just after 12 to drive home to get changed for the match. Drove past the Comrades club turned right into the narrow street, as always lots of cars parked on the right, my right of way of the left.

I get about 50 yards up the road and there's this about 30 year old bloke doing a turning manoeuvre involving the back lane. I stopped a couple of car lengths from the back lane and eventually he starts reversing down the road towards me. He gets about a cars length away, I'm hovering over my horn to warn him but he stops.

He pulled back forward half into the lane at about a 45 degrees so I pulled forward to pass but as I got level he jumped out of the car fffing and blinding and as I looked into my mirror confused he's standing in the road cussing, hopping mad shaking his fists. I burst out laughing and drove off.

I chuckled all the way home thinking;

A. What was he trying to do?
B. How was I supposed to know what he was trying to do?
C. What was he expecting me to do and why was he so angry :)

I've just put it down to Xmas rage / still in black eye Friday mode. If it was you, calm down (in the Harry Enfield Scouser accent).

Anyone else had any rage related incidents this Christmas?

I came out of my Ma's at Silksworth just after 12 to drive home to get changed for the match. Drove past the Comrades club turned right into the narrow street, as always lots of cars parked on the right, my right of way of the left.

I get about 50 yards up the road and there's this about 30 year old bloke doing a turning manoeuvre involving the back lane. I stopped a couple of car lengths from the back lane and eventually he starts reversing down the road towards me. He gets about a cars length away, I'm hovering over my horn to warn him but he stops.

He pulled back forward half into the lane at about a 45 degrees so I pulled forward to pass but as I got level he jumped out of the car fffing and blinding and as I looked into my mirror confused he's standing in the road cussing, hopping mad shaking his fists. I burst out laughing and drove off.

I've just put it down to Xmas rage / still in black eye Friday mode. If it was you, calm down (in the Harry Enfield Scouser accent).

I had Sainsburys rage on Thursday if that helps. Now I know why i piss off to work and leave the shopping to her, why the fuck she can`t just up and down aisles I never know, up one aisle, then over to bread, then back to where we were then for milk, then back to next aisle to where we started!!!!! :evil:

Probably why we never got married, she couldnt walk up a straight aisle from the door to the alter without going backwards and forwards between pews :lol:

I had Sainsburys rage on Thursday if that helps. Now I know why i piss off to work and leave the shopping to her, why the fuck she can`t just up and down aisles I never know, up one aisle, then over to bread, then back to where we were then for milk, then back to next aisle to where we started!!!!! :evil:

Probably why we never got married, she couldnt walk up a straight aisle from the door to the alter without going backwards and forwards between pews :lol:

I do the shopping. I try to have the list in the order the stuff is in the shop if I can. The good lady is an impulse shopper. Buys stuff I don't like then lets it rot in the fridge then I chuck it out when it goes out of date :)

I do the shopping. I try to have the list in the order the stuff is in the shop if I can. The good lady is an impulse shopper. Buys stuff I don't like then lets it rot in the fridge then I chuck it out when it goes out of date :)

Mine bought £230 worth yesterday at ASDA, we live on our own and are going to one daughters Christmas Day and the other one on Boxing Day!!
By midweek she will be complaining there's nowt in so she's "popping out for a few messages" :(:rolleyes:

Online shopping man. Avoid the Asda Hunger Games. It’s not worth it.

I haven't noticed any difference in any of the shops I've been in this Xmas. I popped in Lidl on Tuesday, bought a turkey crown and some other stuff. Popped in Sainsbury's Wednesday bought some Xmas tea stuff. Was in the local Asda on Friday and Heron's yesterday. No bother at all.

I'd rather stick darts in my eyes than go to a proper supermarket a couple of days shy of Xmas but then I'm not a sheep..

Aye, but then there’s the potential for delivery rage.

Couple years back we were having all our groceries delivered on Christmas Eve. I opened the door to the delivery bloke, with a big sad face, who was holding out a bottle of wine saying ‘I’m really, really sorry - please take the wine as an apology’. About a quarter of what we ordered was not available or substituted with something bizarre. And to top it all they only gave us half the delivery to start with. I had to chase them up and get them to come back with be rest of the shopping.

As it turns out I didn’t rage and just took it as one of those things (I was probably drunk). The driver was really appreciative, saying he’d been getting nowt but grief off everyone all morning.

Did you get everything from Asda? I saw a few posts on Facebook yesterday saying they'd messed up orders and people were missing things like vegetables and cheese :(

Sorry mate, I’d missed the turning for Silky Village Butchers, was heading there for a festive dip! Was in a right f***ing fettle!

Back