Unhealthy Lifestyles

We did a city-break to Lisbon recently, and we didn't see one fat Lisboner. The place is all hills and everybody gets plenty of excercise! The only fatties we saw had just got off a cruise ship, and the only mobility scooter had a massive Lancashire lass onboard. (Some didn't even get off the ship- just looked at Lisbon from the top deck restaurant!)
It amazes me how some people think a twenty minute walk is too long and would rather get in the car.
I went to Kiev and the only fat lass I saw was on display inside a glass telephone box type thing with a message about poor lifestyle choices :eek:.

Poor lass was probably brought over from Cowgate for the job, because all the woman I saw were stunning.

Well I should explain, I think something like national service but take away the weaponry element.

In that time you are camped with a group of individuals all from different backgrounds or parts of the country via a seeding system. Everyone has to do it regardless of wealth or education.

You live away from home and you do studying, phyisical training, team competition, cook everything from scratch and bonding.

I just think a lot of peoples views, prejudices, vices, lifestyles and lack of personal responsibility is built around never experiencing anything other than their own little life.

I'm not saying it is THE answer, I just think it should be investigated and explored to see if it would be workable.

Well it's the issue with society in general, we look for the easiest possible answer when things are often more complicated.

Sounds like camp rather than service, seems a nice idea but cramming a bunch of 17 years old in together for any substantial period would be rife with issue not to mention the costs.

Depends, society has lots of aspects I don't conform to as well as some I do.

Out of interest, which one specifically?

Sounds like camp rather than service, seems a nice idea but cramming a bunch of 17 years old in together for any substantial period would be rife with issue not to mention the costs.
True, it's certainly not fully thought through. But this is the SMB.... so poorly thought out ideas are standard ;)

Out of interest, which one specifically?

I don't go to the social club. :lol:

Eat like a monk, exercise your arse off all week and if you let your hair down at Sunday club you've still ended up over your 14 units and the liver police will be after you.

Well I should explain, I think something like national service but take away the weaponry element.

In that time you are camped with a group of individuals all from different backgrounds or parts of the country via a seeding system. Everyone has to do it regardless of wealth or education.

You live away from home and you do studying, phyisical training, team competition, cook everything from scratch and bonding.

I just think a lot of peoples views, prejudices, vices, lifestyles and lack of personal responsibility is built around never experiencing anything other than their own little life.

I'm not saying it is THE answer, I just think it should be investigated and explored to see if it would be workable.

Sounds like university, but shit.

I think the world needs a lot more shaming of people. people used to scrub their front step for fear of being seen as a lazy scruffy fucks. Now people seem to be proud of being lazy scruffy fucks.

Ah the halcyon days of old, when things like TB and ricketts were rife but you could leave your front door open not just unlocked

Eat healthy - no
Drink less - no
Dont smoke - no
Drink more water - no
Exercise more - no

Dont like it? Tough!

Back