Unhealthy Lifestyles

Eat 5 fruit and veg? Ha I can hardly bring myself to get out of bed somedays.
Drink excessive amounts? Aye because it's the crushing pointlessness of life has to be blanked out somehow.
Activity? It's -2 now for 5 month a year and gyms are full of twats.
Don't smoke so I'm winning
I'm much like you without the drinking. I hate the winter months, and would happily hibernate if I could.

Kind of agree, kind of disagree.

Looking at how my parents and grandparents lived, the amount they drank and smoked and the shite they ate (and fed us as kids), there's a far greater focus on healthy eating and living nowadays. We keep a far keener eye on what the bairn eats and the amount of exercise he gets compared to when we were kids.

Then again, obesity and associated problems is on the rise, so clearly plenty of people are choosing to ignore the advice they're given.

Not everyone just in general. Kids are much much fatter and do much less moving about then when I was young.

My parents didn't keep an eye on us, it was just what we did. Let out in the morning came back for meals and bed time or Scooby Do.

I think the world needs a lot more shaming of people. people used to scrub their front step for fear of being seen as a lazy scruffy fucks. Now people seem to be proud of being lazy scruffy fucks.

I don't know, maybe you're right. Seems to me folk see what they too and won't be told otherwise.

Slipping standards may be a worry but more complex than merely shaming someone. Id argue that should someone actually need shaming; they're too far gone to have an act of degridation turn everything around.

Bit like any diet recommendations,doctors don't say it because they get free veg off farmers .I'd argue some stuff you read but not that a combo of fruit and veg every day is good for you

I'm not arguing that but if someone just ate 3 pieces a day would it make a huge difference and what evidence can there possibly be to say baring in mind it's quite a recent thing to long term effects?

I don't know, maybe you're right. Seems to me folk see what they too and won't be told otherwise.

Slipping standards may be a worry but more complex than merely shaming someone. Id argue that should someone actually need shaming; they're too far gone to have an act of degridation turn everything around.
I think if we had a proper foods programme at schools coupled with a service year upon finishing we would fix atleast half of this issue around healthy living.

Most adults living unhealthy lifestyles

"The overwhelming majority of adults in England are so unhealthy they put their lives at risk, a survey shows.

The data from the Health Survey for England showed nearly nine in 10 had at least one unhealthy trait.

That was classed as those who smoke, drink more than 14 units of alcohol, eat fewer than five portions of fruit and vegetables, are obese or have low rates of physical activity.

Half of adults have two or more risk of these factors
"

This week I shall be in all 4 categories :lol:
Bullshit that like, we're living longer it's a fact, I read it on here.

I think if we had a proper foods programme at schools coupled with a service year upon finishing we would fix atleast half of this issue around healthy living.

You mean teach actual living skills in school?

Not sure about the service bit mind.

You mean teach actual living skills in school?

Not sure about the service bit mind.
Well certainly cooking things from scratch, doesn't have to be complicated, just getting used to actually producing something basic to eat. We need to change the culture of the country regarding food and I think this could help.

A service year is something I've supported for ages, without including the guns and other weapons I am 100% in favour of the government exploring the idea of a service year for all children when they get to 16 in which they will spend a year cooking for themselves as part of it.

Back