Uncle Ben's rice firm to scrap brand image of black farmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t really care to be honest. It’s rice.

Perhaps they might focus group the new brand With some people of colour. They’re the marketing experts. They’ll know what they’re doing.
They already have a brand featuring a person of colour.

Are you saying they need more?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cow
I said run the new brand past some people of colour to get their views. Not rebrand as a person of colour. The new brand might not have any people on it.
I'm sure uncle ben's being a global brand have had input from non-white people.

In fact I'm pretty sure because of how well it sells worldwide most people don't have a problem with it

Like I said, they’re the marketing people. They know what they’re doing better than you or I do.

So there’s only ever one perspective of history and it’s the one you have. I see.
I'm not sure where you got that answer from. It's a massive leap

I think my history (and religious education) teacher gave me a fairly balanced education on history , warts and all

I'm not sure where you got that answer from. It's a massive leap

I think my history (and religious education) teacher gave me a fairly balanced education on history , warts and all
And do you think that a child in a different country got the same warts and all perspective? With exactly the same viewpoints and understanding?

Look forward to the OP making a cheb of himself commenting on US racial politics from an "I didn't know so it doesn't matter" perspective.

FYI "Uncle" and "Aunt" are titles that were given to elderly household slaves in the Confederacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back