Uncle Ben's rice firm to scrap brand image of black farmer

I don't think so but I'm not constantly looking for areas of confrontation. The spotlight will move on but while it's concentrated on this subject there isn't really an issue if companies want to do some reconsidering.
Tbh I really didn't think you would have bud

It seems to be the fckwits that are screaming racism everywhere that are bullying (guilting) companies into changing harmless branding

It seems to be the fckwits that are screaming racism everywhere that are bullying (guilting) companies into changing harmless branding

Global corporations being bullied. Haway man. :lol:

They'll change if it brings them good PR and means they'll keep the cash flowing. Adapt or get left behind.

Would you have seen a problem if they hadn't?
No, but I wonder if that tells a story of my lack of education around issues of this type - because I’m white and that, I’ve not really learned a lot of black history and why this kind of shit might be important.

Just because I don’t seethe problem, doesn’t mean it’s not one.

That’s kinda the whole f***ing issue here. It’s time white people stopped being the deciders of what’s history and what’s not. We need to start looking at things from the perspective of other people and asking them.

I'm getting of an age when nearly all change is treated with suspicion. :lol: :lol:

Understandably, companies always follow the money so I'm guessing there will have been some MR done before they make these 'conciliatory' gestures. Lao Gan Ma could be in trouble if old godmothers around the world start getting a bit stroppy.

No, but I wonder if that tells a story of my lack of education around issues of this type - because I’m white and that, I’ve not really learned a lot of black history and why this kind of shit might be important.

That’s kinda the whole f***ing issue here. It’s time white people stopped being the deciders of what’s history and what’s not. We need to start looking at things from the perspective of other people and asking them.
Whenever these sorts of things are looked into.

There seems to be a trend.

That most people from every race don't actually care.

But of the races that care most, it's white people getting offended on behalf of others.

That may be true. But maybe some do. It may only be a few people.

But it’s only a brand. Brands can change.
And most people don't.

The point of branding is to be recognisable. Be interesting to see what they change it to.

I hope they keep Uncle Bens for name recognition but change the image to that of a white man therefore removing any element of the connotation of racism.

What do you hope they do?

And most people don't.

The point of branding is to be recognisable. Be interesting to see what they change it to.

I hope they keep Uncle Bens for name recognition but change the image to that of a white man therefore removing any element of the connotation of racism.

What do you hope they do?
I don’t really care to be honest. It’s rice.

Perhaps they might focus group the new brand With some people of colour. They’re the marketing experts. They’ll know what they’re doing.

I hadn't realised history was divided into white history and black history. What about Asian history? Do we also have gay history? Bi history?

Problems everywhere
Logon or register to see this image
will stick with this as it currently offends nobody
lengthist
I don’t really care to be honest. It’s rice.

Perhaps they might focus group the new brand With some people of colour. They’re the marketing experts. They’ll know what they’re doing.

Last edited:
I hadn't realised history was divided into white history and black history. What about Asian history? Do we also have gay history? Bi history?

Problems everywhere

lengthist
Yea. There is lots of different types of history. And on the whole, much of the non-white, non-straight, non-minority history is quietly pushed to one side.

It would be nice if we got taught things like the Indian Partition, history of gay rights in the UK, the Tulsa massacre etc at school. We are mainly taught history from the perspective of a Straight white, British man. It’s nice that people are starting realise that we should probably tweak that a bit.

Yea. There is lots of different types of history. And on the whole, much of the non-white, non-straight, non-minority history is quietly pushed to one side.

It would be nice if we got taught things like the Indian Partition, history of gay rights in the UK, the Tulsa massacre etc at school. We are mainly taught history from the perspective of a Straight white, British man. It’s nice that people are starting realise that we should probably tweak that a bit.
I left school in the eighties and i remember being taught about the bad side of the empire along with the good it did

Back