Unavailable Eleven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickford
Manquillo - Kone - Djilobodji - Denayer
Watmore - Kirchoff - Cattermole - Gooch - Peinaar
Anichebe

Sums up the number one reason why we're nowhere near games at the moment. Any team, no matter where they are in the league, would struggle to perform when they have almost a full first team squad unavailable to them.
You think that's a good side?

There is nowt like biased fans looking through red and white glasses, wish I had your optimism!! It always amazes me how people can put a positive spin on total shit

You don't get relegated for being shit - you get relegated for being shittier than 17 other teams. How we are doing relative to other teams at the bottom is actually more important than how we look. Not good for the paying customers, though.

You don't get relegated for being shit - you get relegated for being shittier than 17 other teams. How we are doing relative to other teams at the bottom is actually more important than how we look. Not good for the paying customers, though.

The problem is it's very debatable that we doing better than the other teams you mention,in fact you could make a argument that we doing the worst out of every team,however quite often when you support a team you actually think they are doing better than they actually are through blind hope rather than been realistic.

And with respect mate that's how I see your position on this thread.

Take Swansea and Hull for example last few weeks signs of improvement don't see that in us

The problem is it's very debatable that we doing better than the other teams you mention,in fact you could make a argument that we doing the worst out of every team,however quite often when you support a team you actually think they are doing better than they actually are through blind hope rather than been realistic.

And with respect mate that's how I see your position on this thread.

Take Swansea and Hull for example last few weeks signs of improvement don't see that in us

As I've pointed out elsewhere, even with the "improvements" you state, the bottom seven teams are collectively 6W, 10D, 26L over the past six games. Swansea (6pts), Leicester (5), Boro (5), Us (4), Hull (4), Watford (3), Palace (1). What are you scared of??? And none of them have the combined injuries and ACON absences as us over that stretch.

As I've pointed out elsewhere, even with the "improvements" you state, the bottom seven teams are collectively 6W, 10D, 26L over the past six games. Swansea (6pts), Leicester (5), Boro (5), Us (4), Hull (4), Watford (3), Palace (1). What are you scared of??? And none of them have the combined injuries and ACON absences as us over that stretch.

Not scared of anything,just sick of watching boring unattractive football,with no sign of it getting any better,suppose you have a point there is a lot of shit teams at the bottom and we could scrap 4th of bottom because we maybe not as shit as 3 other teams.

I personally think the injured players apart from Pickford and possibly Kirchoff would make no difference to the quality of our play,because the players out are simply not very good. They would obviously add some depth but the bottom line is we are a very poor team and have a poor squad!

Whether there is 3 teams worse than us is very much up for debate, I believe there isn't!

Last edited:
Pickford
Anichebe

Sums up the number one reason why we're nowhere near games at the moment. Any team, no matter where they are in the league, would struggle to perform when they have almost a full first team squad unavailable to them.
Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good post Larry

Not scared of anything,just sick of watching boring unattractive football,with no sign of it getting any better,suppose you have a point there is a lot of shit teams at the bottom and we could scrap 4th of bottom because we maybe not as shit as 3 other teams.

I personally think the injured players apart from Pickford and possibly Kirchoff would make no difference to the quality of our play,because the players out are simply not very good. They would obviously add some depth but the bottom line is we are a very poor team and have a poor squad!

Whether there is 3 teams worse than us is very much up for debate, I believe there isn't!
Not Anichebe?!?

Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good post Larry

Not Anichebe?!?

Yeah fair enough mate, did say possibly Anichebe in a earlier post,I actually think we need Anichebe more to help Defoe,by occupying other teams defenders to create space for Defoe, as Defoe too isolated for me when up front on his own.

Not scared of anything,just sick of watching boring unattractive football,with no sign of it getting any better,suppose you have a point there is a lot of shit teams at the bottom and we could scrap 4th of bottom because we maybe not as shit as 3 other teams. I personally think the injured players apart from Pickford and possibly Kirchoff would make no difference to the quality of our play,because the players out are simply not very good. They would obviously add some depth but the bottom line is we are a very poor team and have a poor squad! Whether there is 3 teams worse than us is very much up for debate, I believe there isn't!

Sadly, we find ourselves in a position where success (survival) is going to be attained by grinding out points. We've only lost three players (M'Vila, Yedlin and Kaboul) from the squad that was 11th overall in the second half of last season and in the ten games prior to ACON we were tied for 8th overall so the squad isn't as poor as it seems. Injuries have obviously had an impact and ACON has added to the pain. A healthier squad will make a big difference. Not sure we have much potential for flair at the moment so it ain't going to get pretty any time soon.

Even the tea trolley has a wobbly wheel, apparently Moyes made her store it in the cryotherapy ice chamber that Sam had installed as it's not currently being used. 'Wooden boats and iron men' said Moyes 'You don't adopt modern practices with old school players '.

Pickford
Anichebe

Correct. All Moyes' fault though. I read it on here.

Pickford
Jones Kone Denayer PVA
Cattermole Kirchoff NDong
Watmore Defoe Anichebe

Are the ones unavailable for us against Spurs next and that would be my strongest team.

Looks today judging by the video SAFC posted that Kirchoff, Cattermole and Pickford are coming back to fitness.

Khazri/Borini/Januzaj SHOULD be able to do a job instead of Anichebe and Watmore but it would be refreshing to finally have some bodies back.

It isnt over yet.

Sadly, we find ourselves in a position where success (survival) is going to be attained by grinding out points. We've only lost three players (M'Vila, Yedlin and Kaboul) from the squad that was 11th overall in the second half of last season and in the ten games prior to ACON we were tied for 8th overall so the squad isn't as poor as it seems. Injuries have obviously had an impact and ACON has added to the pain. A healthier squad will make a big difference. Not sure we have much potential for flair at the moment so it ain't going to get pretty any time soon.

Guess we will just have to agree to disagree on how poor our squad is mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back