Unavailable Eleven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I thought we poor against Hull only they were a lot worse that day. Beaten off Liverpool, better but completely stupid game plan meant we were always going to be beat. Played better against Leicester who were awful and we still nearly drew. Then back to being terrible, if that is your basis that we turned a corner then we may have to agree to disagree, the better performances seem more like the anomalies than a change in fortunes. Again I don't think the injuries issue comes close to mitigating our poor performances this season.

So typical in here. When we lose it's always because we are poor and when we get results we are lucky because we are still playing poorly.

In the ten games prior to the start of ACON we were 4W, 1D, 5L for 1.3ppg (49pt pace) and were tied for 8th overall during that stretch. That includes games against Chelsea, ManU and Liverpool (twice). How is that "poor"?

Additional injuries and losing players to ACON has killed the momentum and no bottom half team has enough depth to withstand that. It's going to continue to be ugly until we get most of our starting players back and stop having to improvise. The good news is that the seven bottom teams are, collectively, 6W, 10D, 26L in their last six games - it's not like we're going to be cut adrift.

Pickford
Manquillo - Kone - Djilobodji - Denayer
Watmore - Kirchoff - Cattermole - Gooch - Peinaar
Anichebe

Sums up the number one reason why we're nowhere near games at the moment. Any team, no matter where they are in the league, would struggle to perform when they have almost a full first team squad unavailable to them.

That team is shit.

So typical in here. When we lose it's always because we are poor and when we get results we are lucky because we are still playing poorly.

In the ten games prior to the start of ACON we were 4W, 1D, 5L for 1.3ppg (49pt pace) and were tied for 8th overall during that stretch. That includes games against Chelsea, ManU and Liverpool (twice). How is that "poor"?

Additional injuries and losing players to ACON has killed the momentum and no bottom half team has enough depth to withstand that. It's going to continue to be ugly until we get most of our starting players back and stop having to improvise. The good news is that the seven bottom teams are, collectively, 6W, 10D, 26L in their last six games - it's not like we're going to be cut adrift.
All I can say to that is enjoy your delusions while you can, if you genuinely thought we looked better after some wins against poor sides and we've just been unlucky I hope your able to hold onto that.

Pickford
Anichebe

Sums up the number one reason why we're nowhere near games at the moment. Any team, no matter where they are in the league, would struggle to perform when they have almost a full first team squad unavailable to them.
8 out of 11 starters then !!

Pickford
Manquillo kone Rodwell mcnair
Ndong carts Kirchhoff
Watmore anichebe gooch

Khazri
Denayer?
Papy?

7 of that starting line up would be in the team week in week out if fit, any team will struggle with that.

All I can say to that is enjoy your delusions while you can, if you genuinely thought we looked better after some wins against poor sides and we've just been unlucky I hope your able to hold onto that.

I don't really care how we looked - it's the results that count. And if we are to survive we need to keep getting wins against poor sides. All the teams below Burnley are playing poorly and since the beginning of November (12 games), Swansea, Boro, Leicester, Watford, Hull and Palace have all been worse than us despite all of our injuries and absences. That's fact, not delusion. That is cause for optimism not throwing in the towel.

This is forgetting the ACON as well. We've been absolutely decimated by missing players, it's making a huge difference to performances. We're still in with a shout anarl. Mad really how shit Palace must be.

Pickford
Anichebe

This is the team that gave away a 2 goal lead to Palace at home - look familiar ? He had most of the players for the first 10 games and couldn't win one.

• 13Pickford
  • 21Manquillo
  • 23Koné
  • 5Djilobodji
  • 3van Aanholt
  • 17Ndong
  • 27Kirchhoff
  • 6CattermoleMcNair
  • 44JanuzajAnichebe
  • 18Defoe
  • 20PienaarWatmore
Substitutes
  • 4Denayer
  • 10Khazri
  • 12Mika
  • 14Watmore
  • 16O'Shea
  • 19McNair
  • 28Anichebe

This is forgetting the ACON as well. We've been absolutely decimated by missing players, it's making a huge difference to performances. We're still in with a shout anarl. Mad really how shit Palace must be.

Watford and Hull as well - three wins between the three of them in the last ten games.

What is Moyes excuse for signing total dogshit and barely winning a game for the first 3 months of the season?

We have terrible injury problems but we were in the bottom 3 before the injuries kicked in.

Then why did Moyes buy 2 more Africans in ACON year then?

The answer is because he's a complete fuck up.

Last edited:
What is Moyes excuse for signing total dogshit and barely winning a game for the first 3 months of the season?

We have terrible injury problems but we were in the bottom 3 before the injuries kicked in.

Then why did Moyes buy 2 more Africans in ACON year then?

The answer is because he's a complete fuck up.

I've said this before, go back and listen to Nick Barnes during the Wise Men Say podcast, he makes it very clear that Djilobodji and N'Dong were long term club targets and Moyes had nothing to do with their signings. He had come to club too late in the process to have any say in those two being signed.

Moyes' signing Anichebe is one of the main reasons we even have a sniff at survival.

I've said this before, go back and listen to Nick Barnes during the Wise Men Say podcast, he makes it very clear that Djilobodji and N'Dong were long term club targets and Moyes had nothing to do with their signings. He had come to club too late in the process to have any say in those two being signed.

Moyes' signing Anichebe is one of the main reasons we even have a sniff at survival.

Not this shit again FFS.

It does not matter one jot who anybody else at the club wanted to sign. Moyes had 5 weeks not 5 days to sign players. He knows full well he'll sink or swim based on those signings and it was crucial he spent his limited budget wisely.

The buck 100% stops with Moyes. If he signed players without knowing about them on the recommendation of others he's a bigger idiot than I thought he was.

I started a new job a year ago. Imagine if I made a couple of big fuck ups in the first month and got dragged in the office and said sorry boss, nowt to with me, it was the old boss / coach / office junior / tea lady who suggested I do it. Laughable.

Anichebe is 1 out of 10 signings mate. A small child with a list of players and half a dozen darts could have been expected to achieve that sort of woeful hit / miss rate.

Not this shit again FFS.

It does not matter one jot who anybody else at the club wanted to sign. Moyes had 5 weeks not 5 days to sign players. He knows full well he'll sink or swim based on those signings and it's crucial he spends his limited budget wisely.

The buck 100% stops with Moyes. If he signed players without knowing about them on the recommendation of others he's a bigger idiot than I thought he was.

I started a new job a year ago. Imagine if I made a couple of big fuck ups in the first month and got dragged in the office and said sorry boss, nowt to with me, the old boss / coack / office junior / tea lady told me to do it. Laughable.

Anichebe is 1 out of 10 signings mate. A child with a list of players and half a dozen darts could have been expected to achieve that sort of woeful hit / miss rate.

People slate him for 'spending £30m on shit'. It's simply not true. He's had a pittance to work with, Anichebe has done well, Pienaar mostly shit, Love and McNair 'okay' at best, Januzaj probably our only bright spark up front, Defoe aside. Manquillo a waste of a shirt.

Signings wise it's probably a 6/10, not terrible but not sure what people expect from about a £10m budget and about 5 first team positions to fill. Something had to give.

People slate him for 'spending £30m on shit'. It's simply not true. He's had a pittance to work with, Anichebe has done well, Pienaar mostly shit, Love and McNair 'okay' at best, Januzaj probably our only bright spark up front, Defoe aside. Manquillo a waste of a shirt.

Signings wise it's probably a 6/10, not terrible but not sure what people expect from about a £10m budget and about 5 first team positions to fill. Something had to give.

£10M? Maths not your strong suit? Not terrible, 6/10? Try 6 out of 100, it's nearer the mark.

It looks like he was given circa £20M and whatever he raised (about £5M from Giac and Kaboul).

McNair is nothing short of terrible. He'll never make a midfielder at this level, he's a country mile behind Rodwell.

Ndong isn't worth half what we paid. He's played half a season and got no goals and perhaps 1 assist. Papy has gifted goals left, right and centre. Sent off twice. There's his budget right there. A pile of f***ing garbage by premier league standards for circa £25M

His loan signings are f***ing shocking too. 3 players and not one any better than what we already had.

It's a f***ing joke and a nightmare by a very experienced manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back