Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonz

Striker

Pickford
Manquillo - Kone - Djilobodji - Denayer
Watmore - Kirchoff - Cattermole - Gooch - Peinaar
Anichebe

Sums up the number one reason why we're nowhere near games at the moment. Any team, no matter where they are in the league, would struggle to perform when they have almost a full first team squad unavailable to them.

Pickford
Anichebe

Sums up the number one reason why we're nowhere near games at the moment. Any team, no matter where they are in the league, would struggle to perform when they have almost a full first team squad unavailable to them.
That team hardly seems much better than the one cobbled together tbh.

Pickford
Anichebe

What's up with Denayer mate?

That back 4 would be shit.Gooch and Peinaar aren't good enough.Kirchoff would be off injured after an hour of every game.

Pickford
Anichebe

I do agree but it's still a shocking

Djiliobodji and Denayer have been available recently, and Manquillo and Pienaar are absolutely woeful.

The rest you have a point with.

What about when they were fit? How many were playing well under Moyes or would actually be starting?

Also Papy hasn't and still might not get a ban and we don't know about Denayer yet so I think you're clutching at straws a little.

Cannot,he's fit
If everyone was fit, then you wouldn't put that team out. It's merely an illustration about for how badly we're affected by injuries.

What about when they were fit? How many were playing well under Moyes or would actually be starting?

Also Papy hasn't and still might not get a ban and we don't know about Denayer yet so I think you're clutching at straws a little.
We started playing alright after the Bournemouth game. Then more and more got injured.

It's true our injuries are horrific. That said Manquillo, Djilibodji, Pienaar are just not good enough for this level. Deneyar I'd say the jury is still out on so that's more than a third of that side would hamper any chance of improvement.

Moyes said its players continuing to make basic mistakes that cost us time and time again, and we can all think of times where the players shown above have cost us through basic errors.

It's a sure sign of a struggling team when the opposition don't really have to do anything other than put the ball in the right area enough times to ensure they win.

Pickford
Anichebe

Precisely. It's still all Moyes' fault, though - he's responsible for the injuries and suspensions.

The mentality of many is evident in some of the replies. Some actually think you are suggesting this as our first team squad not bright enough to realize that these would be mixed in with the current squad :)

Except it is. Throw Defoe in there instead of a midfielder and you've got a team who can actually compete in games.
We will agree to disagree mate. No big deal but there's several sick notes in that lot - my point being we require the impetus of new signings more than ever. Imo of course.

Pickford
Anichebe

At least 5 of those have been available for large parts of the season

If everyone was fit, then you wouldn't put that team out. It's merely an illustration about for how badly we're affected by injuries.

We started playing alright after the Bournemouth game. Then more and more got injured.
Really? I thought we poor against Hull only they were a lot worse that day. Beaten off Liverpool, better but completely stupid game plan meant we were always going to be beat. Played better against Leicester who were awful and we still nearly drew. Then back to being terrible, if that is your basis that we turned a corner then we may have to agree to disagree, the better performances seem more like the anomalies than a change in fortunes.

Again I don't think the injuries issue comes close to mitigating our poor performances this season.

Out of all the injured players there's only Pickford who would make any real difference. Not one of those players have any creativity yes we would be harder to beat but would still be shite going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back