UKIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
You, sir, are on a fun f***ing fact trip today! :lol:

We need voting reform. I don't personally want UKIP to command a presence in the Commons but if are to be democratically represented then we really do need it.
The government tried to and the British people voted against change. With nearly 70 percent choosing to keep FPTP

They both do plenty about lots of things mate , course that mainly consists of gobbing it off on here. :)
This place is the equivalent to going out in the street and shouting at a lamppost for 5 hours as far as political action is concerned.

The government tried to and the British people voted against change. With nearly 70 percent choosing to keep FPTP

This place is the equivalent to going out in the street and shouting at a lamppost for 5 hours as far as political action is concerned.
But it makes them feel important and clever

The knockers can laugh at the seats ukip got but I remember everyone saying people only voted for them in the euros as a protest vote . Remember? 4 million odd votes says otherwise in my eyes. A great foundation to build on for the next election.
possibly, or the political landscape could change over the next 5 years rendering UKIP less important. Surely if we get this referendum on the EU and the populace vote to stay in then UKIP have lost their mandate??

possibly, or the political landscape could change over the next 5 years rendering UKIP less important. Surely if we get this referendum on the EU and the populace vote to stay in then UKIP have lost their mandate??

Theres always a chance Labour could sort themselves out.

Be more eurosceptic and tougher on immigration for a start but i doubt it will happen.

Labour need a total clean out but again it Is unlikley to happen.

In truth from my post you can only deduce I'm a blatant WUM.

Although every UKIP voter I've met, a very small sample size albeit, has been racist.

I think you're more likely the racist merra and you probably knock lasses around anarl.

You probably voted labour anarl, cos yer dad told you to.

And you always watch re-runs of Dads Army and have a Union Jack on a pole in your front lawn.

Theres always a chance Labour could sort themselves out.

Be more eurosceptic and tougher on immigration for a start but i doubt it will happen.

Labour need a total clean out but again it Is unlikley to happen.

Labour spokesman on TV this morning seem a bit bewildered about why they lost. They need to seriously think about what direction they want to go from here or they could see themselves losing the next Election too.
Attacking UKIP seems to me to have been a waste of time, they may not like UKIP but almost 4 million voters saw something Labour werent offering. To say UKIP voters are all ex Tories as they maintained is now obviously so far wrong its untrue. To continue to ignore the reasons people voted UKIP will cost Labour again should they do so.
Also putting their faith in polls (one for young @Frijj) leading up to this Election shows they forget the lessons of the past, the only poll that counts is the Election itself!

In truth from my post you can only deduce I'm a blatant WUM.

Although every UKIP voter I've met, a very small sample size albeit, has been racist.

In a recent survey 9% of Liberal Democrats described themselves as anti-Semite. Every party (even the fluffy Lib Dems) has bad eggs.

Depends what the question is & if a straight in/out, and not an in / out with a load of caveats attached
If it ever happens. I know people are talking as if it is a done deal but at the moment it is a promise from a man who didn't keep any promises from the last election and won't be seeking re-election in the next one.
I wouldn't trust him to tell me the time never mind keep to his election promises.

I'd imagine they understand it fine, seeing as they are a victim of it. It is unconsciable that a party can record 15% of the votes and get 0.15% of the representation. Anyone with half a brain can see that such an outcome is wrong and undemocratic.

Now try again, with popular vote increase/decrease rather than seats. I didn't vote UKIP, but the percentage of the popular vote attracted by UKIP was incredible. It's not their fault that the backward electoral system in this country doesn't allow that to translate.

It is - everyone knew that's how it works.

The knockers can laugh at the seats ukip got but I remember everyone saying people only voted for them in the euros as a protest vote . Remember? 4 million odd votes says otherwise in my eyes. A great foundation to build on for the next election.
The irony of a UKIP supporter with a username about food which originates from South Africa, Mizambique and Portugal is quite good mind

I think you're more likely the racist merra and you probably knock lasses around anarl.

And you always watch re-runs of Dads Army and have a Union Jack on a pole in your front lawn.
still keeping it classy i see...

Wow! Am I under surveillance?

In a recent survey 9% of Liberal Democrats described themselves as anti-Semite. Every party (even the fluffy Lib Dems) has bad eggs.

Fair point. Why would people admit that on a survey?

So from originally saying UKIP would get 20+ seats and banging on about how they'd changed the entire political landscape, you're now desperately trying to convince yourself and everyone else that by winning 1 seat, failing to get the party leader elected and him subsequently resigning, is somehow to be considered a success.

Have a word with yourself. Or 800 million.
In a fairer electoral way of voting UKIP would have had 83 seats and would have changed the political landscape, after all if the SNP can change it with 1.5 million votes it would be fair to say UKIP would have and should have done it with 4 million votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back