UKIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Boo hoo, loads of people voted Ukip!"

Yeah. And everywhere that happened, someone got more votes. That's why they got one seat.

Farage was able to keep Ukip in the papers with him bumbling, 1970s-sitcom persona. Now that he has given up, Ukip will slink back into the shadows. But fear not, Ukippers! They'll be another bandwagon along soon for you all to shout about but not vote for.

The people posting in the thread now were posting before the election too. Should they stop for some reason?
Id have thought rather than having a go at UKIP you and others would be having a go at Labours ineptitude? Really irrelevant what UKIP did or didnt do in the Election now why keep banging on about it?
UKIP did ok IMO very hard to get seats in the system we have, i thought we may get 5 we came close but there you go what can you do? Why keep going on a bout it? If I were Labour Id be wondering why 4 million people do not want to vote Labour and how Labour can get a lot of them back? Thats the real story here IMO.

Id have thought rather than having a go at UKIP you and others would be having a go at Labours ineptitude? Really irrelevant what UKIP did or didnt do in the Election now why keep banging on about it?
UKIP did ok IMO very hard to get seats in the system we have, i thought we may get 5 we came close but there you go what can you do? Why keep going on a bout it? If I were Labour Id be wondering why 4 million people do not want to vote Labour and how Labour can get a lot of them back? Thats the real story here IMO.

Luckily we can each choose what we consider to be worth posting about, but thanks for your interest ;)

ps: I'm not Labour.

I mean to be fair to @paws like, FPTP is an unfair system but I would take a guess that up until this election when most current UKIP supporters were with the Tories or Labour (the beneficiaries of FPTP) that the unfairness never really bothered them, because it was only the dirty lefties (Liberal Democrats and Greens) who were bothered.

I was one of those who voted in favour of AV when the referendum came round so I agree.

However as I've said, not a single UKIP supporter or voter made any mention of the system being unfair prior to the election and only now is it an issue. It's the behaviour of a spoilt child who doesn't get its own way.

Fair or not ??

It's people like you that make us more determined to keep voting ;)

I already said I voted for AV back in 2010/11when there was a referendum.

How many UKIP supporters did that? Did you?

And you still haven't explained why the voting system was so acceptable before the election, but now UKIP have been hammered it suddenly isn't anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Ukip have a point and 4 million votes would proportionally represent 83 seats whereas they have 1. It should be a concern that 4 million people have so little representation. The factors leading to that level of support have not been resolved and in fact may be exasperated over the next two years until the referendum.

How come UKIP supporters keep going on about an EU referendum yet say the voting system isn't fair?

We had a referendum on the voting system and nowt changed :confused:

It will be votes that matter in a referendum rather than seats in parliament so I don't see Ukip going away any time soon.

Cameron got a majority and is pro-EU, Labour and Lib Dem are pro-Europe and got 240 seats.

The anti-EU movement is really niche, even after years of unopposed campaigning.

Cameron got a majority and is pro-EU, Labour and Lib Dem are pro-Europe and got 240 seats.

The anti-EU movement is really niche, even after years of unopposed campaigning.

The seats would only be relevant if the referendum was not binding but rather there just to inform MPs of the country's voting intention

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the anti-EU brigade get a majority in a referendum simply down to a poor turnout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back