UK using Trump tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

The whole 28 days system.

It seems pretty arbitrary. It really should have been pegged to the actual timeframe you can reasonably expect the majority of deaths caused by COVID to actually occur in.

You will rarely if ever catch all deaths - simply isn’t possible but 28 days just sounds too neat.

It seems pretty arbitrary. It really should have been pegged to the actual timeframe you can reasonably expect the majority of deaths caused by COVID to actually occur in.

You will rarely if ever catch all deaths - simply isn’t possible but 28 days just sounds too neat.
What is the average number of days from +ive test to death in the UK?

The conditions of patient identifiable deaths data are very very strict. I believe you still need special permission from NHS digital to link the deaths dataset to anything else.
NHS Digital are a shambles so I imagine it wont be straightforward

The conditions of patient identifiable deaths data are very very strict. I believe you still need special permission from NHS digital to link the deaths dataset to anything else.
@Frijj based on your in depth knowledge of NHS
- if someone is admitted up to hospital struggling with Covid & tests positive on day 1 - and is in hospital continually for 30+ days before dying ......That surely is a Covid related death ?

According to this new 28 day rule would it still be the case....?

If someone recovers , is discharged , and then dies of another cause - then fair enough- that is completely correct that it is not Covid related.

Last edited:
@Frijj based on your in depth knowledge of NHS
- if someone is admitted up to hospital struggling with Covid & tests positive on day 1 - and is in hospital continually for 30+ days before dying ......That surely is a Covid related death ?

According to this new 28 day rule would it still be the case....?

If someone recovers , is discharged , and then dies of another cause - then fair enough- that is completely correct that it is not Covid related.

Yes of course it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back