UK using Trump tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are like.

It’s not surprising that medical professionals are happy with the extra data, makes sense. It’ll be interesting to see which is used by the government as the headline figure as there needs to be a single number for the general public. I’d imagine they’ll go with the lower.
There are two instances on this thread already apart from the hundreds more across this forum

but corbyn is what is used when criticising this government, you know that though. You are a winner every time.

now where is your promised evidence that would disprove the op on this thread?

There are two instances on this thread already apart from the hundreds more across this forum

but corbyn is what is used when criticising this government, you know that though. You are a winner every time.

now where is your promised evidence that would disprove the op on this thread?
Different thread...i’ll do it now.

You are like.

It’s not surprising that medical professionals are happy with the extra data, makes sense. It’ll be interesting to see which is used by the government as the headline figure as there needs to be a single number for the general public. I’d imagine they’ll go with the lower.
If they want to be consistent then the UK nations should be doing the same. 28 day would be the obvious but having the other data will give a greater understanding for future treatments.

There was a programme on iPlayer the other night. Some Drs who were twin brothers. One of them had COVID but not serious, however he developed bad tachycardia and required a jump start to get heart back in normal rhythm in A&E. Therefore it could be +ive results could create a pathway to monitor cardio in patients

We are not talking about cancer, we are talking about a global pandemic. My point is there should be a universal method of recording deaths. Otherwise we are not going to be able to compare accurately across regions and other countries.

This. I'd have thought the WHO would have proposed this at some stage of their existence. If all countries had adopted a universal method of defining death from this, and if they chose, a second national preferred method, then it would shed some light on the best counting method and also the best and worst healthcare responses.

This. I'd have thought the WHO would have proposed this at some stage of their existence. If all countries had adopted a universal method of defining death from this, and if they chose, a second national preferred method, then it would shed some light on the best counting method and also the best and worst healthcare responses.
I've got a solution.
If you get covd and die record it as a covd death.
If you die without covd then don't record it as a covd death.
It's simple really.

I've got a solution.
If you get covd and die record it as a covd death.
If you die without covd then don't record it as a covd death.
It's simple really.
So +ive COVID test and get knocked over by a bus and die, it should be recorded as a COVID death. Is that what you are suggesting?

I assume that you would have repeated tests while you are in hospital so the test date would progress with the disease.

I know from my Dads experience that anyone having a positive test in a care home has repeated tests until they test negative or die either from covid or other causes. My dad had an indefinite test, which was repeated and found to be negative. There is no mention of covid on his death certificate. The doctor has just put fragility of old age as the main cause and listed his various other disease processes as secondary causes.

I'm sorry to hear about your father and thanks for explaining the finer details. I'd like to think all the care homes are this precise with their procedures.

From the article...

"Epidemiologists say this 60-day measure is more accurate and will urge officials to use this."

Following the science again ?
..........Or Following the poll's ?

So if I am admitted to hospital feeling unwell - and am tested positive...I get put on a respirator for 2 weeks - then I recover a bit, but still too weak to check out .
Then on week 5 I go down rapidly and die 35 days after thevinitial test ...

It's not Covid related....?...??

What bullshit ....

From the article...

"Epidemiologists say this 60-day measure is more accurate and will urge officials to use this."

So if I am admitted to hospital feeling unwell - and am tested positive...I get put on a respirator for 2 weeks - then I recover a bit, but still too weak to check out .

What bullshit ....
Some idiot will pop up soon with the hit by a bus example. Guaranteed.

From the article...

What bullshit ....

"Now the UK's four chief medical officers have decided to use a single, consistent measure and publish the number of deaths that occurred within 28 days of a positive coronavirus test confirmed in a lab, every day.

Every week for England, a new set of figures will be published showing the number of deaths that occur within 60 days of a positive test.

Deaths that occur after 60 days - such as those who have been in intensive care for many months - will also be added in if Covid-19 appears on the death certificate."

From the article...

What bullshit ....

You would be re-tested throughout your stay at hospital. Does this not extend the timeline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back