UK Memberships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opportunity that has arisen to maximise income they’ve taken it. Some will argue it makes good business sense. It probably does in fairness and I won’t argue too much with it as long as people don’t dress everything the owners do up as altruistic, community engaging endeavours. They’re aware of Sunderland supporters dedication to the club and seemingly will tap into that whenever the time arises.
its why they are doing it I'm more concerned about. I can't warm to Charlie, something about him I aren't sure on.

I fully get what’s going on here, wanting to get people feeling like they can connect to the club with something like this, but really it’s just another way of milking the oblivious loyal support we have. I don’t think any of the ‘perks’ warrant the £40 price tag.
I suppose it brings revenue into the club, but for me, it’s just a way of taking advantage, just like the Walsall ticket shenanigans. Everyone would have got a ticket even without being presured into buying one.

Fully agree. I'm not a ST holder as I live 150 miles away and can't get to all games, but I'll still make it to about 18 games home and away this season.

As such, I was in phase 2 for Wembley, which is fine, ST holders should get priority, but now if someone pays £25 (i'm over 65), they now get priority over me, even if they haven't been to a game???? Essentially, I'm being pushed down the queue if I don't buy a membership card. I think they've even been more mean spirited by making the card run out before it could come into play before any possible play-offs in 2020. If buying a card meant BC points were activated and come into play, maybe, but no.
The Walsall ticket debacle showed their colours. I'm not impressed.

Wanting to use the cheaper ticket option as part of this package for Doncaster game, anyone have any info on how to do it?

It’s a good idea imo, and yes it is pretty much purely to make money for the club which is exactly what our owners should be doing. Our revenues compared to clubs of similar sizes are horrific.

Imagine a business trying to grow it’s revenue streams by releasing a product that people have shown an interest in to try and close the gap on competitors :-O

It’s the only way and it’s not like they’ve took that concept to the Nth degree, treated the football club purely as a business and the fans purely as customers, and priced people out. Its 40 quid.

Charlie is the first decent business minded bloke to be involved in this club, about time. We can only compete by growing revenue streams

It’s a good idea imo, and yes it is pretty much purely to make money for the club which is exactly what our owners should be doing. Our revenues compared to clubs of similar sizes are horrific.

Imagine a business trying to grow it’s revenue streams by releasing a product that people have shown an interest in to try and close the gap on competitors :-O

It’s the only way and it’s not like they’ve took that concept to the Nth degree, treated the football club purely as a business and the fans purely as customers, and priced people out. Its 40 quid.

Charlie is the first decent business minded bloke to be involved in this club, about time. We can only compete by growing revenue streams

I know this will be unpopular, but I’d like to see the club set a future Wembley policy that states only SC and memberships holders will be eligible for tickets.

Is living in Monaco* not enough for you like?

* substitute VPN domicile of choice.
A small town in middle France actually, lovely apple orchard in the garden

No good reason for the points not to be active rather than only with a sc

Last edited:
Available now - New membership launches for UK fans

Essentially a chance for non STs to build up points and buy before general sale and get into any future Phase 2’s.
Good idea but fuck me £40 to be given the chance to buy a ticket before other non-season ticket holders. It’s a bit bloody steep. Specially seeing as out away support is so good that we usually sell out our allocation at season ticket level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back