UK Memberships

The UK membership package includes:

- Priority access to away tickets before general sale (after the Black Cat Point priority period) just a con really, fabricating another ‘priority’ stage before general sale, if the tickets sell out on points then you miss out regardless, so no different to what ultimately is ‘general sale’

- Join the Black Cats Points scheme, with any points accrued then added to a future season card
This was always the case before anyway, nothing new here, you always got a point if you bought aways on your member number regardless. Again, useless unless you stump up the cash for a season ticket at a later date to make them count, hardly a reward
- Priority access to cup fixtures, including any future finals and play-offs (after season card holders)
Only worth it whilst the st numbers are down, the league cup 2014 sold out to st holders, so in this phase you wouldn’t get a shout

- A match ticket for a home league game of your choice for just £10 always a cheap game somewhere in the season anyway, and always tickets knocking about for cheap or free anyway, I give mine out for free every home game when I don’t go

- 10% off safcstore.com for first online purchase overpriced anyway, think about it, spend £100, get a tenner off. Hardly mouthwatering deals

- Exclusive membership card
Doesn’t get you money off at restraunts or anything of the sort, pretty pointless, just a wallet clogger

I might do it just for the card!
It would probably be good for exiles to help purchase close away games?

I fully get what’s going on here, wanting to get people feeling like they can connect to the club with something like this, but really it’s just another way of milking the oblivious loyal support we have. I don’t think any of the ‘perks’ warrant the £40 price tag.
I suppose it brings revenue into the club, but for me, it’s just a way of taking advantage, just like the Walsall ticket shenanigans. Everyone would have got a ticket even without being presured into buying one.

How does this work then?

If you get to join the loyalty points scheme as a result of this then why would you then need the membership later on?
There saying that you collect them, but would only come into play once you buy a st. So if a year later you buy one, and you had 20 aways from your uk membership, straight away you’d be able to buy aways in the 20+ stage as a season ticket holder

Many clubs have operated this sort of membership for years, it was about time we caught up.
I remember suggesting such a scheme to the club many years when I was indeed an exile.

For 77p/week I’ve joined.

Even if I don’t necessarily benefit at least I’m putting money into the club. A lot of my games are aways
That would have been my feeling too.

How many international memberships have been sold?
I think there was a list of the names in the last home programme. If I can find my copy I will let you know, but I think it was about 50.

Last edited:
For 77p/week I’ve joined.

Even if I don’t necessarily benefit at least I’m putting money into the club. A lot of my games are aways
That’s exactly my view. I’m not bothered about whether I get £40 in perks or deals back. I am putting some money back into my club.

If I get to earn some loyalty points on away game tickets, it’s an additional bonus.

£40 to get on a priority list for tickets that might not ever be released to that list and to save £10 on a match ticket?

Seems excessive and cashing in at a time when people are thinking about priority based tickets. These lads know how to milk a cash cow. Proper Tories :lol:

£40 to get on a priority list for tickets that might not ever be released to that list and to save £10 on a match ticket?

Seems excessive and cashing in at a time when people are thinking about priority based tickets. These lads know how to milk a cash cow. Proper Tories :lol:
been creeping in in every aspect recently

been creeping in in every aspect recently

Any opportunity that has arisen to maximise income they’ve taken it. Some will argue it makes good business sense. It probably does in fairness and I won’t argue too much with it as long as people don’t dress everything the owners do up as altruistic, community engaging endeavours. They’re aware of Sunderland supporters dedication to the club and seemingly will tap into that whenever the time arises.

Don't agree with this, not that it matters too much as I have a season ticket.

It should be free to be a member and to collect points for home and away games. It's not f***ing rocket science.

As long they make sure season ticket holders get more points than everyone else I don't understand why anyone can't build up points for every game they attend.

Surely that's the fairest way to work it?

Back