UK government's war on e-cigs is over

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as kids start to smoke they have been targeted to take up the addiction. The industry depends on the new blood coming though and influencing the next new blood. As long as Mr Morris accepts each new intake they are targeted...it's just very simple version of the concept.

Always thought you were bright.

I bet you look class in your get up with a f***ing e-cig :lol:

Not bothered, it's keeping me off the tabs.

By having them on the shop shelves. By selling them to adults. Monkey see, monkey do and Mr Morris ain't stupid. He knows kids copy adults because they want to be growed up and they will start to use the product. This cycle will continue forever and it's a form of targeting. It's a form of targeting that will cause hundreds of thousands to choke on their first puff this year but they'll carry on regardless until the nausea is replaced by a tobacco fuelled sense of enjoyment, tricking their young brains into thinking it's pleasurable.

That's strong targeting right there and as long as it continues it'll keep the circle turning and another generation buying the product.

You could say about practically every commercially available product designed for adults.

Always thought you were bright.
I am not. I've smoked all of my life. But my logic is sound.

Tobacco companies depend on kids becoming addicted year upon year. Whether it's their parents who the kids are copying or the guitarist in a favourite band who just looks sooo cool playing with that stick in his mouth...? Or the bigger cool kid in the youth club. Kids are being targeted. It's there...not my problem if you can't grasp the very simple concept.

You could say about practically every commercially available product designed for adults.

This one is slightly different though in that no other product has only one use - you get you addicted until you die a horrible death.

Last edited:
Or

Tobacco companies depend on kids becoming addicted year upon year. Whether it's their parents who the kids are copying or the guitarist in a favourite band who just looks sooo cool playing with that stick in his mouth...? Or the bigger cool kid in the youth club. Kids are being targeted. It's there...not my problem if you can't grasp the very simple concept.

This one is slightly different though in that no other product has only one use - you get you addicted until you die a horrible death.

So all radgie drugs are effectively targeting young people then?

we do live in a nanny state mind, telling us what we can and can't do. not like the government don't make money off terbs anyway.
there is an argument to say that the income from tobacco is one of the driving forces behind some of the draconian laws being enacted, maybe not in this country but certainly in the states where the tobacco lobby has spent gazillions getting legislation pushed through. Elsewhere around the globe Australia also has a very negative attitude towards it and i would be suspiscious of their motives given the clear evidence for the health benefits

Tobacco companies depend on kids becoming addicted year upon year. Whether it's their parents who the kids are copying or the guitarist in a favourite ban who just looks sooo cool playing with that stick in his mouth...? Kids are being targeted. It's there...not my problem if you can't grasp the very simple concept.

You're literally giving examples that show the influences that make kids more likely to smoke are environmental rather than targeted by big tobacco and calling it targeted.

As for "guitarist in a favourite ban who just looks sooo cool playing with that stick in his mouth" when the hell are the going to see that? There are pretty limited opportunities for a musician to perform while tabbing these days.

Possibly.
Chances are likely if you continue with the addiction for as long as it takes.

You're literally giving examples that show the influences that make kids more likely to smoke are environmental rather than targeted by big tobacco and calling it targeted.

No. It's advertising through use. Using the 'coolness' factor to sell the product...to get the girl. Mr Marlbro might not be paying for the privilege but it's the same concept as the big poster inviting kids to Marlbro Country. They get through border controls either way.

Last edited:
there is an argument to say that the income from tobacco is one of the driving forces behind some of the draconian laws being enacted, maybe not in this country but certainly in the states where the tobacco lobby has spent gazillions getting legislation pushed through. Elsewhere around the globe Australia also has a very negative attitude towards it and i would be suspiscious of their motives given the clear evidence for the health benefits
negative attitude of the smoking ban?

oh so you think they are trying to stop people vaping so it doesn't take away from the tobacco industry?
what other reason can there be? ban vaping with its proven health benefits but not tobacco smoking

US tobacco spent $20M on lobbyists in 2016

Last edited:
No. It's advertising through use. Using the 'coolness' factor to sell the product...to get the girl. Mr Marlbro might not be paying for the privilege but it's the same concept as the big poster inviting kids to Marlbro Country. They get through border controls either way.
*Sigh*

What you're describing there isn't targeting mate.

I'm disputing your opinion that the tobacco industry actively targets children in this country today.

They don't. I have asked you to prove me wrong on this, you haven't. I've literally, and I mean literally in the literal sense, read thousands of pages and reports on tobacco harm and control. In this country it's not an issue.

I am not disputing that there are societal factors that make children more likely to take up smoking, for example having parents that smoke. However, this is not the same as the tobacco industry actively targeting children.

I don't know how else to get this through to you.

There is no logic in smoking.

I must say, this thread got a lot more shouty than I thought it would.
Vaping threads always do. Smokers come in and say they look like big puffs and should have a proper tab, anti-smokers come on and say it's worse than smoking and won't someone think of the children, vapers talk about how it's completely harmless and cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back