UK government's war on e-cigs is over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send the message now that in a generation tobacco will be outlawed progressively and hammer that message home. People will respond and it's better than hoping kids take up vaping instead which is beyond stupidity.

Do they? .......do they really?
Everyone i know buys moody fags or baccy
yeah. we allegedly have a conservative government and they've introduced a shit ton of regulation. not very conservative right wing to me. might as well go have tea and biscuits with comrade corbz.

They do fuck all they are negligent, if they do something it's a nanny state.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
i'd expect regulation from labour, but not the tories

Prove it.
I was agreeing that tobacco companies move onto developing countries when those countries with more sense start to put the squeeze on them...but ok. This year hundreds of thousands of kids will try tobacco for the first time. Tobacco companies might bemoan the drop in numbers from the 70s but they'll still be delighted that hundreds of thousands have taken up the addiction. They are their target audience. They don't care that some of them will still be of school age. They won't as long as they are using the product...they don't do anything to discourage them...just the opposite, they are the goal and they want kids to smoke. They really do.

I was agreeing that tobacco companies move onto developing countries when those countries with more sense start to put the squeeze on them...but ok. This year hundreds of thousands of kids will try tobacco for the first time. Tobacco companies might bemoan the drop in numbers from the 70s but they'll still be delighted that hundreds of thousands have taken up the addiction. They are their target audience. They don't care that some of them will still be of school age. They won't as long as they are using the product...they don't do anything to discourage them...just the opposite, they are the goal and they want kids to smoke. They really do.
I agree that all of that will happen.

I am asking you to show me how they are actively targeting kids to get them to take up smoking in this country today.

I am asking you to show me how they are actively targeting kids to get them to take up smoking in this country today.
there is zero proof today, as there is no advertising. no fancy packets, no cool adverts. for me, formula one ferraris with marlboro and benson and hedges on the Jordans was the big one.

By having them on the shop shelves. By selling them to adults. Monkey see, monkey do and Mr Morris ain't stupid. He knows kids copy adults because they want to be growed up and they will start to use the product. This cycle will continue forever and it's a form of targeting. It's a form of targeting that will cause hundreds of thousands to choke on their first puff this year but they'll carry on regardless until the nausea is replaced by a tobacco fuelled sense of enjoyment, tricking their young brains into thinking it's pleasurable.

That's strong targeting right there and as long as it continues it'll keep the circle turning and another generation buying the product.

By having them on the shop shelves. By selling them to adults. Monkey see, monkey do and Mr Morris ain't stupid. He knows kids copy adults because they want to be growed up and they will start to use the product. This cycle will continue forever and it's a form of targeting. It's a form of targeting that will cause hundreds of thousands to choke on their first puff this year but they'll carry on regardless until the nausea is replaced by a tobacco fuelled sense of enjoyment, tricking their young brains into thinking it's pleasurable.

That's strong targeting right there and as long as it continues it'll keep the circle turning and another generation buying the product.

By targeting kids you mean not actually targeting anyone at all.

Cheers for clarifying.

there is zero proof today, as there is no advertising. no fancy packets, no cool adverts. for me, formula one ferraris with marlboro and benson and hedges on the Jordans was the big one.
It just doesn't happen in this country now mate.

Existing isn't the same as actively targeting which is what he's claiming.

Good.

I've never smoked in my life, but I've been considering taking up cigars just to piss off nanny.

The dangers of 'passive smoking', used to justify the smoking ban, have long since proven to have been wildly exaggerated anyway, just like BSE or white asbestos or salmonella in eggs, not that you'll hear about it.

It just doesn't happen in this country now mate.

Existing isn't the same as actively targeting which is what he's claiming.
i know, whats what i'm getting at. i still think the smoking ban is bullshit. there should be separate areas for smokers and non smokers, and bars should be allowed smoking rooms with adequate ventilation. they haven't fixed anything; if you're in a nightclub and you go outside there's a strong chance you will have to inhale smoke. just make sure there are separate areas for adults only.

Not targeting whilst still managing to pick up another few hundreds of thousands of addicts this year...and next year...and the year after. That's targeting.
No, it really isn't.

If they are targeting they are putting effort into a particular cohort. It's just not happening here.

It's also not an extra few hundred smokers a year, at least not in this country which is what we're talking about.

I actually deal with tobacco control as part of my job mate, I spent time with people who do it for a living. Less kids start smoking now than ever, more people quit, the prevalence is going down, vaping plays a part. In three years nobody, and I mean nobody, has raised issues about tobacco companies targeting kids at any meeting or conference I've attended on the issue.

As long as kids start to smoke they have been targeted to take up the addiction. The industry depends on the new blood coming though and influencing the next new blood. As long as Mr Morris accepts each new intake they are targeted...it's just very simple version of the concept.

Last edited:
Well done the vapers. Way to stamp your feet and cry like babies because you're so thick and so weak minded that you can't get through a day with out having to shove something in your mouth. You must be truly energized by this monumental victory. I bow to you.
Controversial

You do know there is no smoke don't you ?

How many fires do you think were started by E-Cigarette batteries as apposed to those started by boxes of matches ?

I think it was Thumpers mam in Bambi who said "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" - I may be misquoting
One with the purpose of fire the other has unintentionally resulted in fires... comparable

A good lynching can only be improved by vaping whilst lynching.
They'd never see it coming

Buy yourself a dummy if you need to suck something. Disgusting and stupid habit that you could be helped off for free. They do not do that for nothing.
It's not the need to suck but to blow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back