UK government's war on e-cigs is over

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won :)

And before non-smokers post bollox they know little about, take a look at the comments section of the article below

"The government has said that the persecution of the users of e-cigarette technology should stop....Routine bans of vaping products at the workplace or in public spaces should cease, the DoH notes, in order to maximise the availability of safer alternatives to smoking”

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/07/18/the_ecigs_war_is_over/

We won :)

And before non-smokers post bollox they know little about, take a look at the comments section of the article below

"The government has said that the persecution of the users of e-cigarette technology should stop....Routine bans of vaping products at the workplace or in public spaces should cease, the DoH notes, in order to maximise the availability of safer alternatives to smoking”

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/07/18/the_ecigs_war_is_over/
I like drinking beer. Can I do that now?

I also like listening to my iPod. Can I do that now?

Rules of the workplace are at the discretion of the employer.

I don't want to have someone blowing vape around the room as much as they want me cracking open beers at my desk

The government's war?

Public Health England, a non-executive body of the Department of Health, whose ministerial responsibilities are under those of Hunt (I believe the minister for public health is still a vacant post) have claimed for a few years now that e-cigs are 95% safer than normal.

How can the DH be at war with something when that's the govt's official line?

I like drinking beer. Can I do that now?

I also like listening to my iPod. Can I do that now?

Rules of the workplace are at the discretion of the employer.

I don't want to have someone blowing vape around the room as much as they want me cracking open beers at my desk

I think you're missing the point, I would agree vaping in an office shouldn't be allowed, I very much doubt it will, however the point I'm making is the Government have eventually seen sense in that vaping carries only 5% of the risk to the vaper, and none to anyone else

The government's war?

Public Health England, a non-executive body of the Department of Health, whose ministerial responsibilities are under those of Hunt (I believe the minister for public health is still a vacant post) have claimed for a few years now that e-cigs are 95% safer than normal.

How can the DH be at war with something when that's the govt's official line?

I'm presuming you're not a smoker or vaper ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back