Uber

Status
Not open for further replies.
As are the space before the exclamation point in the quoted post and the missing punctuation in "I've" in the previous one, but I only needed to point one out to make the point that I'm a pedantic shit. :lol:
But nothing on the word 'dinit' or 'ya'

Strange

Used them in Manchester at the weekend. The first time I had bothered with them and I thought they were great. Waited no more than 2 minutes after I'd ordered a cab, drivers were all sound, dirt cheap (one journey cost £2.50 ffs! :lol:). I would definitely use them again when in major cities.

If youve never used them you can log in the app and see them all driving round. 1 free in sunderland atm and 6 in newcastle.

I use them as often as possible in Sunderland and elsewhere. Much better service than the local companies, cheaper, comes straight off your card and no tip. Got picked up from the Roker the other week in a 60k merc. You don't get that from Troy's.

What's not to like?
Drivers who dont know where they are going?

I was speaking to a lad who drives for Uber and he showed me the app they have which shows a heat map of the demand and where the surges are. He reckons there's less Uber in Sunderland as there's less demand and shorter fares. Dont fully agree with that....

Used them in Manchester at the weekend. The first time I had bothered with them and I thought they were great. Waited no more than 2 minutes after I'd ordered a cab, drivers were all sound, dirt cheap (one journey cost £2.50 ffs! :lol:). I would definitely use them again when in major cities.

which lies the problem. people struggle to live on those amounts. you have to get 4 of those fares every hour just to make minimum wage

I have used them extensively throughout the globe and not once has the driver been unable to use his satnav.
tbf i've had ones in London get lost, or go a longer/slower route. black cabs know every trick in the book. if you're pressed for time the black cabs will get you there quicker. if you aint, uber is the way forward.

Surge is when they make their money.

also when people get pissed off and go old school

too many drivers and you don't get surges too.
still having to supplement most fares

only if they get the driverless car up and running will they make money but I reckon that is another 20 billion of financing away

also when people get pissed off and go old school

too many drivers and you don't get surges too.
still having to supplement most fares

only if they get the driverless car up and running will they make money but I reckon that is another 20 billion of financing away

It surges as soon as it starts raining.

Regular big surges during Ramadan and eid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back