Uber

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are here BUT the drivers who usually pick me at airport tell me the Sunderland lads all spend their time in Newcastle! So barely any here unless they are dropping off...

Haven't for a while, but when I did they were all drivers from Newcastle and didn't have a clue where anything was in Sunderland, which was more annoying because we were doing two other drop-offs before back to ours.

Used a code and taxi from Penshaw to Newcastle cost 12p so I was naturally pleased.

On the way home my mate accept higher rate charge and it cost him £70.

I guess that's how they balance the fairs out. Service was good though and I would use again, but only at standard rate.

Havnt seen a car available anytime I have wanted one. That's over the last few weeks, weekdays and weekends. Looks like it's slowly dieing over again.

Am I the only one that thinks they are dodgy as fuck?

I know it's a proper company but any fucker can get a job with them

Not in the UK they can't, need a private hire vehicle insurance and license (which involves CRB, a medical and some other stuff).

No idea why some people think it's a cost effective miracle, costs roughly the same as station. I'll use über around London or whatever but I'll still use the local rank if I need a cab here.

i do a bit driving for uber here for a bit extra pocket money......best invention ever
Use to driver for them too before I got my Sunderland license. Worst mistake I've ever made.

Am I the only one that thinks they are dodgy as fuck?

I know it's a proper company but any fucker can get a job with them

not dodgy at all both the driver and passenger are given feedback similar to eBay...too much adverse feedback and your kicked off also your car has to meet certain standards and over here in US you are vetted

i do a bit driving for uber here for a bit extra pocket money......best invention ever

do you declare it on your insurance

not dodgy at all both the driver and passenger are given feedback similar to eBay...too much adverse feedback and your kicked off also your car has to meet certain standards and over here in US you are vetted

I have no problem with it as a service but at some point the company needs to start making somemoney. cant subsidise every drive

We'll see how good they are when uber and its drivers start paying their fair share of tax along with with other scalpers like airbnb, amazon, google etc etc.

you need to have the relevant insurance here in the US yes

I have no problem with it as a service but at some point the company needs to start making somemoney. cant subsidise every drive

i get 75% of the fare and the minimum fare here is $5:40 so not bad for at times only driving these lazy Americans 500 yards

you need to have the relevant insurance here in the US yes

i get 75% of the fare and the minimum fare here is $5:40 so not bad for at times only driving these lazy Americans 500 yards

I used one just north of Miami and it took nearly an hour and the bill was about 12 dollars... fortunately fuel is cheap there

I used one just north of Miami and it took nearly an hour and the bill was about 12 dollars... fortunately fuel is cheap there

yeah its $1.87 a gallon here at the moment so if you've got an economic car you make decent money. theres a guy i know who quit his job and does it full time 10 hours a day and earned $70k last year

unfortunately my car isn't that economic but i still do ok as a bit part time, its so handy if I'm out somewhere and someone needs a lift on my way home that happens a lot

yeah its $1.87 a gallon here at the moment so if you've got an economic car you make decent money. theres a guy i know who quit his job and does it full time 10 hours a day and earned $70k last year

unfortunately my car isn't that economic but i still do ok as a bit part time, its so handy if I'm out somewhere and someone needs a lift on my way home that happens a lot

which is the original concept of car sharing.

which is the original concept of car sharing.

Yep that's true I use them all the time over here as it's so different to a taxi so much safer because of no money involved and everyone registered. You get such a different cliental using uber over taxis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back