Uber

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the investors are banking on the driverless cars to be the real money spinner, but that's a long term punt and you have other established players like Google hammering away for their slice of the market.

We do a lot of the platform development for all sides so hopefully should come out of it quite well, but it's definitely a way off before the coin will start flooding in.

its a case of putting fares up at some point or running out of cash. maybe run out of cash and someone like apple will come along and buy them up for pennies

Just been on Uber fare estimate and they are £30 - £40 dearer than the local cab company for Heathrow and Gatwick. Rather use my local long established firms than use Uber, when they lose the HMRC case which Jolyon Maughan is taking against them, that will be curtains for Uber and good riddance.

Just been on Uber fare estimate and they are £30 - £40 dearer than the local cab company for Heathrow and Gatwick. Rather use my local long established firms than use Uber, when they lose the HMRC case which Jolyon Maughan is taking against them, that will be curtains for Uber and good riddance.
Why good riddance? Will you address my earlier points?

Uber are not in my area yet, but I noticed they list Newcastle. I put in the last taxi ride I took, Newcastle Central Station to my Mams in Washington. The price was the same as a standard taxi, where you know you are getting a decent quality car etc. I didn't see the point in Uber really.

I suppose the grouping thing makes it worthwhile. I would have paid a third of the price to share with two strangers.

Sounds like your cab company is offering a bloody incredible deal there in fairness.

Uber are not in my area yet, but I noticed they list Newcastle. I put in the last taxi ride I took, Newcastle Central Station to my Mams in Washington. The price was the same as a standard taxi, where you know you are getting a decent quality car etc. I didn't see the point in Uber really.

I suppose the grouping thing makes it worthwhile. I would have paid a third of the price to share with two strangers.
Cost roughly the same as Station anyway, don't see why some people in Sunderland seem to clamour for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back