Tyne & Wear Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and they're fucked again!!

Stuck between platforms with no announcement. Check on twitter that there's severe delays because of another failed train. Another day late for work.

Thought when the krauts took it over this would be nipped in the bud. I reckon this reputation for German efficiency is actually a load of bollocks.

Fuks Sake.. ANOTHER

whats up now

edit: failed train between Heworth/Monument!

Last edited:
£10??? Surely not. Where are you coming from?

Aye honest £10 from eston near Middlesbrough tickets called an explorer
normal bus service to Middlesbrough
X10 all the way to Heworth

Metro from Heworth to st peters do it every night game marra

The explorer ticket lasts all day

Was even checked at the stoke city night match conductor said that's fine

Last edited:
Thought when the krauts took it over this would be nipped in the bud. I reckon this reputation for German efficiency is actually a load of bollocks.

It is. The Germans constantly complain about their public transport.

I was in Cologne at the beginning of the month and travelled to Koblenz & Dusseldorf by train, around Cologne on the U-Bahn and from Koblenz to the Nurburgring by bus/coach. With the exception of the bus/coach to/from Koblenz/Nurburgring everything was suffering from delays.

On the whole though, their public transport infrastructure is far superior to ours.

It is. The Germans constantly complain about their public transport.

I was in Cologne at the beginning of the month and travelled to Koblenz & Dusseldorf by train, around Cologne on the U-Bahn and from Koblenz to the Nurburgring by bus/coach. With the exception of the bus/coach to/from Koblenz/Nurburgring everything was suffering from delays.

On the whole though, their public transport infrastructure is far superior to ours.

They do have history for effective movement of people on trains....

I think the SMB really have it in against the Metro.

Too be honest i think it's a very good service. I live on a duel line and there are generally a constant stream of trains.

I know some of you don't like to accept it but the Metro is primarily based in Newcastle. So the service extends to Sunderland, it doesn't start there. So ofcourse Sunderland is going to feel the brunt if there are delays etc.

But at the end of the day, if it wasn't there. You would be complaining.

Too be honest i think it's a very good service. I live on a duel line and there are generally a constant stream of trains.

I know some of you don't like to accept it but the Metro is primarily based in Newcastle. So the service extends to Sunderland, it doesn't start there. So ofcourse Sunderland is going to feel the brunt if there are delays etc.

in all honest, probably not.. there would still be 2 northen trains per hour, and all the buses still run to time.. don't see buses being taken outta service every day ;)

hank williams said:
Aye honest £10 from eston near Middlesbrough tickets called an explorer
normal bus service to Middlesbrough
X10 all the way to Heworth

Metro from Heworth to st peters do it every night game marra

The explorer ticket lasts all day

Was even checked at the stoke city night match conductor said that's fine

You can get the x whatever to Sunderland from boro and that might be cheaper?

Should us regular commuters just accept major delays, trains failing etc, on what is now an almost daily basis? I think you'll also find that Newcastle is far greater affected by any system wide delays given the amount of people who commute into the centre for work.

I agree the old structure was better. A Northern Rail service every 20 minutes during peak time, which stopped at the main Metro stations anyway. The extension was a token gesture, done on a minimal budget. Barely anyone seems to use the thing past the town centre.

They do have history for effective movement of people on trains....

Not letting that go unnoticed.:lol::lol:

Should us regular commuters just accept major delays, trains failing etc, on what is now an almost daily basis? I think you'll also find that Newcastle is far greater affected by any system wide delays given the amount of people who commute into the centre for work.

I agree the old structure was better. A Northern Rail service every 20 minutes during peak time, which stopped at the main Metro stations anyway. The extension was a token gesture, done on a minimal budget. Barely anyone seems to use the thing past the town centre.

Bollocks Timothy.

But it doesn't fail on a regular basis, yes it has happened 2/3 times in the last few weeks but this does not consist as being on a regular basis.
The current performance rate before last week was at 89 percent. Name me a transport system that runs at 89% accuarcy other than in Japan

And this bollocks your spouting about the old system was better, maybe we should just go back to horse and cart.

You have just mentioned people don't use it past the town centre, so why are you whinging then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back