Tyne & Wear Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Metro is an easy target for people to moan about. If it wasn't there, you'd only moan about how rubbish the buses were, or how packed the roads are, etc.

Yes it is an aging infrastructure, which is the reason for the investment from government to help improve it. Yes trains do fail, but they clock up a lot of miles on a daily basis, even with regular checks and maintenance faults can occur. Staff work very hard to keep them moving and it is as frustrating to them as it is to travellers when faults occur.

hey should extend it to Durham ...and rename it the Metro North East !!

The Metro is an easy target for people to moan about. If it wasn't there, you'd only moan about how rubbish the buses were, or how packed the roads are, etc.

Yes it is an aging infrastructure, which is the reason for the investment from government to help improve it. Yes trains do fail, but they clock up a lot of miles on a daily basis, even with regular checks and maintenance faults can occur. Staff work very hard to keep them moving and it is as frustrating to them as it is to travellers when faults occur.

Get them telt;)

This has got to be one of the worst public transport systems in the developed world?

Major delays again today, due to another failed train. This has been the case pretty much every day the past 2 weeks:neutral:

Last 2 weeks have been f***ing shocking.

Delays delays and a total lack of blart

Sent from my GT-I9300 using magic pixies: snapchat = safcbear

Seems very concidental that there's been loads of delays at the same time that works is going on.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using magic pixies: snapchat = safcbear

Didn't the tracks buckle at a station last week?

The Northern Line was off all weekend and I only found out when I was trying to get to Kings X to come home. Apart from that I dunno.

No i meant the time it took for them to extend it....for a long time they should have named it the tyne metro

Oh I see, sorry. Yeah I agree.

There's nothing wrong with a mishap every now and again; it's when there is a major delay literally every day (like the past few weeks) when questions start to be asked.

The system is only fully functional 6 days a week, and compared to similar systems, there aren't that many trains running. Yet the operators have prioritised millions towards on-board train displays (irrelevant when there are only two routes) and refurbishing the trains and stations, whilst letting the actual infrastructure deplete to what is seemingly a negligible state.

There's nothing wrong with a mishap every now and again; it's when there is a major delay literally every day (like the past few weeks) when questions start to be asked.

The system is only fully functional 6 days a week, and compared to similar systems, there aren't that many trains running. Yet the operators have prioritised millions towards on-board train displays (irrelevant when there are only two routes) and refurbishing the trains and stations, whilst letting the actual infrastructure deplete to what is seemingly a negligible state.
The onboard displays were a DDA requirement, and there is a rolling program ongoing to update the infrastructure - hence the major closure to the airport throughout August.

Nexus are c*nts for extending the Tyne & Wear Metro to Sunderland? Surely that's a good thing?

Well it did f***ing decimate the bus service into South Hylton, and then they whacked the metro frequency right down as well leaving the village pretty craply off.

It does seem to be somewhat shocking in terms of reliability/cancellations/the cabling being nicked by metal thieves compared to the trams we have around here - going by the highly scientific method of judging by the amount of complaining about it on here.

Excellent system,. Used the South Hylton line into Sunderland many a time. Excellent way to travel. Good prices and always spotlessly clean.

Cant fault it.

Excellent system,. Used the South Hylton line into Sunderland many a time. Excellent way to travel. Good prices and always spotlessly clean.

Cant fault it.

On a night game I can get a £10 ticket from outside my house upto Heworth getthe metro into Sunderland

Takes bout 2 hours but you can't complain about that price

Only draw back £35 taxi for getting home :evil:

It should be extended to washington!! wearside allways bottom of the pile when it comes to investment,boils my piss:mad:

90 is a canny few like.

...and they're fucked again!!

Stuck between platforms with no announcement. Check on twitter that there's severe delays because of another failed train. Another day late for work.

Raised the prices not so long back, don't think they've managed a day without delays since.

hank williams said:
On a night game I can get a £10 ticket from outside my house upto Heworth getthe metro into Sunderland

Takes bout 2 hours but you can't complain about that price

Only draw back £35 taxi for getting home :evil:

£10??? Surely not. Where are you coming from?

hey should extend it to Durham ...and rename it the Metro North East !!

If they did that it could still be called Tyne and WEAR metro

I had to get the metro the other day for the first time in a while, sat on some piss that someone had decided to leave on a seat, other than that I don't mind the metro (maybe cos I don't get it everyday)

This has got to be one of the worst public transport systems in the developed world?

Major delays again today, due to another failed train. This has been the case pretty much every day the past 2 weeks:neutral:

This is one very good reason I wish it was still the Tyneside Metro.

Sunderland was better off in the past when we just used the mainline railway to get to Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back