Tyne & Wear Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was fine today but it's not a very good system overall. How an earth they come up with the figures they do for punctuality, complaints, etc. I have no idea although when I gave them a moaning e-mail about sometimes having to pay for the bus additionally when it went off they just ignored it.

The one I got tonight was filthy. 2 lasses went round collecting all the discarded newspapers (after 5pm this). They didn't work for Nexus, just being good citizens.

It would be canny if they could ever give some reasonable times at South Gosforth as well which tonight read South Hylton 5 mins, South Shields 7 mins, South Shields 29 mins, South Shields 46 mins. I suppose they've only had a few years to sort it out.

They are generally clueless about getting information out to passengers. Durham folk wouldn't stand for it, the middle-class tossers.

It was fine today but it's not a very good system overall. How an earth they come up with the figures they do for punctuality, complaints, etc. I have no idea although when I gave them a moaning e-mail about sometimes having to pay for the bus additionally when it went off they just ignored it.

The one I got tonight was filthy. 2 lasses went round collecting all the discarded newspapers (after 5pm this). They didn't work for Nexus, just being good citizens.

It would be canny if they could ever give some reasonable times at South Gosforth as well which tonight read South Hylton 5 mins, South Shields 7 mins, South Shields 29 mins, South Shields 46 mins. I suppose they've only had a few years to sort it out.

They are generally clueless about getting information out to passengers. Durham folk wouldn't stand for it, the middle-class tossers.

The Northbound platform at University station only ever shows up the next train about 6 or 7 minutes before its due.

Apparently, the display boards can only recognise a train when it is on the main track system. Hence, at Gosforth, the intermittent services to Regent Centre and Benton won't have started their journeys so they aren't recognised on the system.

No delays in 2 days for me. :eek:

Thought it was you like, I was a bit further down the line.
You were just out of focus for me to confirm it was you.

Poor you, Mr Magoo.

The Northbound platform at University station only ever shows up the next train about 6 or 7 minutes before its due.

Apparently, the display boards can only recognise a train when it is on the main track system. Hence, at Gosforth, the intermittent services to Regent Centre and Benton won't have started their journeys so they aren't recognised on the system.

No delays in 2 days for me. :eek:

What's the main track? Do they not know where the trains are? It would figure like.

That will be because the contracted cleaners employed by DBTW are currently on strike, which comes to an end tonight.

What's the main track? Do they not know where the trains are? It would figure like.

They enter a shared track from Pelaw to South Hylton which is controlled by Network Rail. Which is the reason why only four trains an hour (I think) can move long that stretch of line, if a train is delayed elsewhere on the system it sometimes has to be turned around at Pelaw. Delays can also be caused by late main line trains, which the Metros have to wait until it makes it's way to Heworth.

If it was the 5.15 then aye, working in Dean Street ATM.

Walked down there today.....sat at the quayside and ate some sushi....got talking to 2 very nice ladies from a nearby office and a Bee flew over an sat on my leg for a few minutes .....causing wild panic from the 2 nice ladies.
All in all, a very nice day out and well worth the £4.40 day saver.

If it was the 5.15 then aye, working in Dean Street ATM.

I work round the corner. Fridays are always good days to see the early pissheads on their stag and hen do's staggering down the hill with their suitcases.
I wasn't on the metro tonight. I heard they were delayed and only one every 24 minutes so got a lift rather than being on a rammed metro. Sounds like it wasn't too bad.

I work round the corner. Fridays are always good days to see the early pissheads on their stag and hen do's staggering down the hill with their suitcases.
I wasn't on the metro tonight. I heard they were delayed and only one every 24 minutes so got a lift rather than being on a rammed metro. Sounds like it wasn't too bad.

There's a cracking choice for bait round there int there? I will look forward to watching the pisspots tomorrow now that you've mentioned it.

There's a cracking choice for bait round there int there? I will look forward to watching the pisspots tomorrow now that you've mentioned it.

Can't go wrong for bait. Worth having a walk up to the Grainger Market for the fish fella. Used to be Figo's chef apparently.
I'll probably head to the Town Wall for my dinner tomorrow unless it's really sunny.

Also Durham is very hilly, which is a major issue in why the west end of Newcastle has no metro system.

Bollocks, it's due to the cost of tunnelling up from St James and making it viable. There is an unused trackbed that runs right through the West End that Metro could run along, the problem is linking it all together.

£4.40 to get to bastard Newcastle and back?!?!?

On a separate note, any charity shops near central station selling coats?

They need to put a midnight metro on from Newcastle back to Sunderland. It's f***ing stupid how you can't actually use the bloody thing to get back from any gigs or events held on an evening.

niknak_123 said:
£4.40 to get to bastard Newcastle and back?!?!?

On a separate note, any charity shops near central station selling coats?

Cancel that. It's stopped raining so no coat required

No service from monument to the airport for the whole of august, peak time six weeks holidays.

Disgrace

No service from monument to the airport for the whole of august, peak time six weeks holidays.

Disgrace

thats EXACTLY the reason why they've done it now, and not during SCHOOL TERMS months! Less people travel the metro during August!

Disgrace

The decision to close that part of the line in August was not taken lightly, for the amount of work that needs to be done in that area, closing the line nightly and reopening again the following morning just wasn't feasible. Passenger revenue was found to be lowest in August, due to school holidays, etc. Doing the work during the winter months was looked at, but this may have taken longer with any severe weather.

The track bed between South Gosforth and Jesmond is getting taken up and will be getting new ballast, rail and bedding. In between Airport and South Gosforth the overhead line and signalling equipment is getting replaced. Also refurbishment work on South Gosforth and Ilford Road stations will be completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back