Trying to find a job

I got my job through chance really, my sister told me her friends company were struggling to get someone right for the telesales role they had - so I emailed a CV, got invited in for an interview and got the job. I've been there 5 years in September, I love the place and my colleagues, I'll be there until I drop, the MD appreciates me and I work hard for them.

I got my job through chance really, my sister told me her friends company were struggling to get someone right for the telesales role they had - so I emailed a CV, got invited in for an interview and got the job. I've been there 5 years in September, I love the place and my colleagues, I'll be there until I drop, the MD appreciates me and I work hard for them.
Nice to hear ,long may it continue !

Knocking on companies doors asking if they have jobs? Or do people not do that anymore?
Someone did that today. They likely will score themselves a position.

I would have thought teaching jobs would be easy to get these days
The amount of schools down my way (Northampton) that are using supply teachers because of shortages is really high
Supply teachers don't get so much work now as schools can't afford to pay for supply staff.

Last edited:
I used to work at Rainton for six year - left as I wasn’t getting anywhere in the company. Was a great place to work and could make money doing OT but that eventually dried up.

I left to do my PGCE but bit off more than I could chew and found the workload too much for me (the bairns mam is a student nurse) and we decided that one of us would have to leave. I left as I thought she needs to make it as a nurse more than I do as a teacher.

I thought I would walk into another job with my CV and a PG certification (left before getting QTS) but I can’t even get an interview.

I’d like to think my CV is up to scratch - But what is frustrating is spending hours typing up individual job applications, writing out answers to competency questions (I’ve just saved them all on a word doc and copy/paste/amend accordingly) and you get nowhere
PM incoming mate

Civil service is usually a pretty good place to start afresh.
They have absolutely no interest in your age sex race etc.
Have a nosy on civil service jobs. It’s worth a try.
f***ing hell man, I'm not the OP, I don't even want the job I have got far less get a new one. I want to shuffle down for my pension and spend time in the garden.

Back