Trying to find a job

Since April I must have applied for over 100 jobs now. Some away from the region, some with agencies, I am still getting rejected for everything. Not even one interview :lol:

Must admit it’s starting to get desperate now. I refuse to return to the energy company I left a year ago but it may be the only option soon

Big up your CV, get on LinkedIn and get a good profile, focus on the jobs you’re qualified / experienced to do and really promote and sell yourself to the skills they look for.

Try not to be generic.

BREXIT

Immigrants coming over here taking our jobs, should be plenty of jobs available after brexit.

Big up your CV, get on LinkedIn and get a good profile, focus on the jobs you’re qualified / experienced to do and really promote and sell yourself to the skills they look for.

Try not to be generic.

BREXIT

It probably varies from industry to industry but I’d been on about leaving my job since about March and I got more sniffs at new work after adding as many people as possible on LinkedIn who work in my industry in my area and posting my availability every other day. People like the posts then share them which gives you more exposure.

Obviously that’s in addition to messaging every recruiter and applying for all the relevant jobs advertised. I did this daily.

Loads of jobs out there. Just depends what you’re looking for

:lol: helpful.

Since April I must have applied for over 100 jobs now. Some away from the region, some with agencies, I am still getting rejected for everything. Not even one interview :lol:

Must admit it’s starting to get desperate now. I refuse to return to the energy company I left a year ago but it may be the only option soon
What do you do / want to do like. Call centres have a decent turnover, always a starting point within a company

Loads of jobs out there. Just depends what you’re looking for

I really fancy a bit of fruit picking. Or selling coffee. Maybe doing some VERY sketchy repairs to your house that aren't REALLY within building regs. I'm cheap though. I can run you a fused spur off, but if it goes bang that's your problem. £20.

I was unemployed from February until about two weeks ago. Not through choice either. Applied for hundreds of jobs over the past few months with very little success.

Hear back from agencies but they just fuck you about and a lot want you to do a week long course beforehand then often nothing comes from it.

It’s a piss take but I was eventually successful in getting a weekend job. Not what I really wanted but it’s 12 pound an hour and eventually there should be full time opportunities.

My advice would be to avoid agencies and if any good opportunities come up that’s part time just take it as sometimes it’s a foot in the door and if not it’s better than the dole.

It’s a pain in the arse but make sure your cv is tip top and put the time and effort into any cover letters to emphasise any relevant experience or quals to roles you’re applying for. Even if it’s just a call centre job, a bit effort on a cover letter goes a long way to some employers.

Make sure you diversify with the job websites too as not every job is advertised on every one too. Makes sure you check them all. Use LinkedIn etc.

The job centre can organise free forklift courses, cv updating, they can even put people into factories like unipres if you haven’t worked there before.

Just keep plodding on mate, you will get there eventually.

Back