Trying to find a job

Knocking on companies doors asking if they have jobs? Or do people not do that anymore?

I did that fifteen years ago when my eldest boy was due. I’d left a career which wasn’t suited for a dad and needed something else. I had to borrow enough to get the metro through to Newcastle and I spent the day in various recruitment offices and companies I’d researched.

I had a job the following Monday.

I did that fifteen years ago when my eldest boy was due. I’d left a career which wasn’t suited for a dad and needed something else. I had to borrow enough to get the metro through to Newcastle and I spent the day in various recruitment offices and companies I’d researched.

A bit of willing goes a long way.

Do people typically get promoted/transferred out of call centres into other roles?

Started 6 years ago. Job I do these days is vastly different, studying to get a qualification out of it. That plus another I can do off my own back and I think I can do pretty well.

Know some people who by now must be on very decent wedge who basically started doing exactly what I did.

Since April I must have applied for over 100 jobs now. Some away from the region, some with agencies, I am still getting rejected for everything. Not even one interview :lol:

Must admit it’s starting to get desperate now. I refuse to return to the energy company I left a year ago but it may be the only option soon
Factory in peterlee where I work is taking on.

Need to do a weeks course about the factory. But genuinely not a bad place to work.

And the divide from agency to full time is basically none existent. Both treat the same.

Pm if you ya want the number. I appreciate not everyone wants to work in a factory but the options there.

Last edited:

This is how I got my current job. Not a good job but I had a daughter who was about to turn one and got made redundant so I was desperate. Hated trailing about to various agencies but needs must.

Factory in peterlee where I work is taking on.

Need to do a weeks course about the factory. But genuinely not a bad place to work.

And the divide from agency to full time is basically none existent. Both treat the same.

Pm if you ya want the number. I appreciate not everyone wants to work in a factory but the options there.
ZF?

Since April I must have applied for over 100 jobs now. Some away from the region, some with agencies, I am still getting rejected for everything. Not even one interview :lol:

Must admit it’s starting to get desperate now. I refuse to return to the energy company I left a year ago but it may be the only option soon

I own a recruitment agency, PM me if you’re looking

Boring but easy is the best way to describe the Rainton one. Hard graft where I am at now next door to TRW Rainton but don't dare leave a permanent job for a temp one.
Pretty similar to the peterlee one really. “Money for nowt”:lol:

Tbh you have a pretty secure job in there.. long as your not a total twat.

And I’d be exactly the same mate, especially with the Brexit uncertainty etc.

Pretty similar to the peterlee one really. “Money for nowt”:lol:

Tbh you have a pretty secure job in there.. long as your not a total twat.

And I’d be exactly the same mate, especially with the Brexit uncertainty etc.
It's still an automotive factory mate. Nissan supplier so Brexit may or may not fuck both of us anyway. :lol:

Back