Travelling abroad again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping I can gan to the Caribbean in December/January.

Lost a first class Bermuda trip last month, now booked for December. That may be a bit ambitious.
Uk, us and spain will be the last to be allowed here as well from what's been reported

Hard on those with family.

The square outside his bar was dug up jan/feb so no outdoor seating, now this has likely cost him his business. Luckily costs buttons to live there like (maribor).

Last edited:

Luckily I hadn't booked owt overseas this year.

Gonna do the Hebridean Way on me bike in August. Seems a good time to do those UK trips I've put off for years due to the draw of a cheap flight to somewhere with guaranteed sunshine.

Lost a first class Bermuda trip last month, now booked for December. That may be a bit ambitious.

Hard on those with family.

The square outside his bar was dug up jan/feb so no outdoor seating, now this has likely cost him his business. Luckily costs buttons to live there like (maribor).

Very tough on those with family mate - we're used to jumping in the car or hopping on the train to go to the inlaws in the summer cos where they live has all the thermal baths / pools and that and its ideal for the kids - hopefully an agreement is reached so we get there a few times later in the summer. However, I've no idea when I'll see family in the Uk or when my mam will see the kids again

Aye, one of the nicest restaurants here has gone already and the lads I know who run a couple of bars here are having to subsidise them with a little help from the gov and operating as a takeaway. Tough time for them all.

Maribor is a nice place mind

Very tough on those with family mate - we're used to jumping in the car or hopping on the train to go to the inlaws in the summer cos where they live has all the thermal baths / pools and that and its ideal for the kids - hopefully an agreement is reached so we get there a few times later in the summer. However, I've no idea when I'll see family in the Uk or when my mam will see the kids again

Aye, one of the nicest restaurants here has gone already and the lads I know who run a couple of bars here are having to subsidise them with a little help from the gov and operating as a takeaway. Tough time for them all.

Maribor is a nice place mind

If he survives n youre ever there nip in for a pint!

Hes raked it in a few year back when Wigan played there in europa. 50 lads on the piss 3 days!

If he survives n youre ever there nip in for a pint!

Hes raked it in a few year back when Wigan played there in europa. 50 lads on the piss 3 days!

I bet he made a killing - lovely part of the world as well so next time we're there I'll get the name off you

I'd be very cautious about booking up anything other than a last minute deal later in the year. This thing is likely to have flare ups, with one predicted for the autumn. If you book too far in advance, there is the question over being able to get there, and then there is the worry about getting back. My mam went out to Cyprus at the start of March, and was lucky to get one of the last flights back before they closed all the hotels. Things changed very quickly there.
My Mam was keen on doing an European Christmas market for her 70th birthday which is the weekend before Christmas. I hope we still get to go somewhere.
There is a very average one in Canterbury!

I didn’t mean it in regards to Coronavirus.

What is your average Brit doing that they shouldn’t?

I’ve never once mentioned the average Brit. I’ve already said there that I meant people in the broad sense, I.e. society in general.

Large scale change definitely needs to come from the top, supermarkets banning use of single use plastic for example.

I’ve never questioned the average Brit but if you want to focus on the average person, I wouldn’t say the average person is necessarily proactive in regards to climate change, myself included. Which is something that will also need to change. Society as a whole isn’t doing enough, do you think we are? Change needs to come from the top but in reality that’s only going to happen if pressure comes from the bottom.

I've a ferry crossing booked for Hull-Rotterdam in July. Obviously keeping an eye on the border restrictions there. Worry is they allow travel but then there's no campsites open in Holland/Germany by then so I won't get any money back if I cancel the ferry.

I’ve never once mentioned the average Brit. I’ve already said there that I meant people in the broad sense, I.e. society in general.

Large scale change definitely needs to come from the top, supermarkets banning use of single use plastic for example.

I’ve never questioned the average Brit but if you want to focus on the average person, I wouldn’t say the average person is necessarily proactive in regards to climate change, myself included. Which is something that will also need to change. Society as a whole isn’t doing enough, do you think we are? Change needs to come from the top but in reality that’s only going to happen if pressure comes from the bottom.

You said people will go back to their old ways. What do you want me to do differently?

You said people will go back to their old ways. What do you want me to do differently?

It seems you’ve purposely ignored me say on numerous times I meant people in a broader sense, but aye ignore that.

I’ll say it again. People (Society as a whole) will go back to doing exactly what we currently are which is damaging the planet.

I’ve never specifically asked you or the average Brit to do anything differently. However, majority of us (including myself) all eat plenty of meat, we all use plastic etc. As with coronavirus, every single person has a part to play in reducing the current harm we’re doing to the planet, do you not agree?

Have 10 days in Portugal booked in mid-September. They don't seem to have been hit too badly over there the last time I checked, but I'm still struggling to see it going ahead. I'm paying for it in instalments so the frustrating aspect is that I'm forking out every month for something that is unlikely to be fulfilled. Been waiting over 3 weeks for a response from OnTheBeach, I suspect any refunds will take even longer come the time.

Have 10 days in Portugal booked in mid-September. They don't seem to have been hit too badly over there the last time I checked, but I'm still struggling to see it going ahead. I'm paying for it in instalments so the frustrating aspect is that I'm forking out every month for something that is unlikely to be fulfilled. Been waiting over 3 weeks for a response from OnTheBeach, I suspect any refunds will take even longer come the time.

Portugal might not be too badly hit but you think they'll let anyone in from the Uk the way its going?

Just had my email from BA about the flight to Austin on the 20th of May being cancelled, the flight back from NOLA hasn't been yet but I'm expecting that'll happen.

Waiting on a cancellation email from EasyJet for Munich on the 8th May now.

We were due to fly out to Orlando in late aug. Worst scenario is virgin (if they still exist) will honour the holiday even though the theme parks are all closed. Meaning so refund. Be interesting to see what they do in May when the payment is due

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back