Travelling abroad again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what they will do about EU nationals. My wife is desperate to see her dad in Poland as he's in fairly developed stage of cancer and he's 87. She's keeping her fingers crossed for September. Slightly off topic but Poland have peaked at 300 deaths. Not quite sure how they've managed but then they are totally neurotic about hygiene and health.

We can't cross the border to SK to see the wife's family, some talk about gov to gov discussion but as yet nothing. Opening of borders is going to be based on how these agreements and how the other country is dealing with the virus - hopefully sk/Austria/pl will be soon. Then again the Prem has been on the TV today saying he wants borders closed for a year

Just had flights cancelled by easyjet and Ryanair this week for 24th April and 3rd may. Not expecting anything this year flight wise. Got august booked out at work through September so was thinking of extending it to 3 weeks and driving to my place on the south east coast of Spain borders and government permitting.

We can't cross the border to SK to see the wife's family, some talk about gov to gov discussion but as yet nothing. Opening of borders is going to be based on how these agreements and how the other country is dealing with the virus - hopefully sk/Austria/pl will be soon. Then again the Prem has been on the TV today saying he wants borders closed for a year

A year! It wouldn't surprise me. They acted very quickly with shutting the borders. It's worth noting that an indicator for success for how countries have dealt with virus may well be the longevity of the crisis. There may be countries who remain in lockdown of some sort or other long after others, who are initially getting a hammering, have returned to normality.

2022 would be my best guess. It's just not a good idea to allow people in and out of countries when there's a killer virus being transmitted allover the world.
I agree on 2022, holiday insurance won’t cover it.

We’ve got cover for a trip to New York because we bought it before it kicked off but I’m cancelling anyway. Was going to book our first cruise anarl but will put that back a couple of years.

Hopefully Cornwall next year.

No one is going to Orlando any time soon with the possibility of a $300k medical bill to pay.
I'm booked for 2-23 Aug, haven't paid the rest of the accommodation yet - hope you're right. Got absolutely ripped off on prices second time around (after Thomas Cook collapsed). Happy to get my money back - was never keen on going in the first place. Great point about Health Insurance

Not banned but I’ll not go to the USA with no insurance and Europe will depend on Brexit.

You can still get insurance, its just that COVID19 is treat as a known condition so just not covered if you get ill due to that one particular thing.

You can still get insurance, its just that COVID19 is treat as a known condition so just not covered if you get ill due to that one particular thing.
I buy insurance for pre-existing medical conditions every year and I’m covered for those, I’m covered for this year because I bought it in February. No insurance covers covid now so a USA holiday could end up costing half a million if you’ve got the coin.

What is your average Brit doing that means they don’t give a shit?

I didn’t mean it in regards to coronavirus. I meant it in regards to climate change.It’s an opportunity to self-reflect as a society and could possibility be a bit of a reset button which could allow us to take the chance to start changing our ways on harming the planet.

The exact point I made was that until it’s too late and an immediate threat (already is), people in a broader term, I.e. society in general, will revert back to old ways and continue f***ing up the planet until it’s too late.

The whole world needs to use this as an opportunity to reevaluate how it operates, this whole thing has shown how fragile life is, therefore another huge threat such as climate change needs to start being taken much much more seriously.

Last edited:
I didn’t mean it in regards to coronavirus. I meant it in regards to climate change.It’s an opportunity to self-reflect as a society and could possibility be a bit of a reset button which could allow us to take the chance to start changing our ways on harming the planet.

The exact point I made was that until it’s too late and an immediate threat (already is), people in a broader term, I.e. society in general, will revert back to old ways and continue f***ing up the planet until it’s too late.

The whole world needs to use this as an opportunity to reevaluate how it operates, this whole thing has shown how fragile life is, therefore another huge threat such as climate change needs to start being taken much much more seriously.

I didn’t mean it in regards to Coronavirus.

What is your average Brit doing that they shouldn’t?

Had a live chat with my mates last night.One has a bar in Slovenia n he seems to think they’ll only be allowed to travel internally for a year. Some nationalities allowed in but certainly no brits!

Had a live chat with my mates last night.One has a bar in Slovenia n he seems to think they’ll only be allowed to travel internally for a year. Some nationalities allowed in but certainly no brits!

Uk, us and spain will be the last to be allowed here as well from what's been reported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back