Travelling abroad again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jet2 think they're starting up again on 17th June. Unlikely.

Think sept/Oct is achievable.
Can’t see it happening for a while but might be some bargains about when it becomes possible again. Will take a while for people to get confident again imo. Could be wrong like and everyone might go to Spain the day they lift the ban.

It's a funny one, cos there'll be a chunk of people who are reluctant to travel for a while (which puts a downward pressure of prices) , at the same time there will be others desperate to get away. Then there's the holiday industry needing to recover their losses (which suggests prices will increase).

So who knows...
But personally I'm expecting next year's holidays to be more expensive.

Last edited:

They’ll be even more fooked if they let a load of Brits in and their virus rate shoots up though.
So us Brits the 'Typhoid Mary's' of this virus?

Countries who are heavily dependent on tourist money will take a decision on who to let in and who not to let in as their economies depend on it.

I include the UK in this, as we also cannot afford to turn tourist income away.

Reactions: 42
2022 would be my best guess. It's just not a good idea to allow people in and out of countries when there's a killer virus being transmitted allover the world.

Fine if Government have reciprocal health agreements
I can't use the UK health system,they have a reciprocal agreement with Australia but it only covers emergency treatment .Give proof of identity etc so they can claim costs back from here.I pay for any medicine etc needed

Check on your govt web sites,they should give an idea.

Ambulance costs can be very expensive,don't know if they are covered.All a bit of a minefield.

While I am old but healthy travel may have to be ended for me after this show is over.

Indeed. We won't though. Problem is with these things is that people don't react until it hits them personally, you've seen that with this virus. Unfortunately when we in the western world feel the impact of climate change it'll be about a decade too late to panic change. Mad world, as that twat said once.

Yeah agree unfortunately mate. People will revert back to old ways. Unless it’s on their front door people don’t give a shit.

Not the most positive view here but pretty sad it'll likely be in our lifetime when we see all this too.

Got florida booked for september, got no chance

Same here. Already re-arranged from March.

Will just have to play it by ear up until September and then might just move it to September 2021.

As others have said on here, I don’t really like the thought of going out there that soon even if it is deemed “safe to travel”, which I don’t think it even will.

My daughter is living in South Africa, saw her at christmas and hoping to see her next christmas or for her graduation next March. Apart from that not too fussed about travel, although I was supposed to be doing 6 work trips to Shenzhen this year.

2022 would be my best guess. It's just not a good idea to allow people in and out of countries when there's a killer virus being transmitted allover the world.

If that’s the year people are allowed to travel the. There won’t be any airplanes functioning , travel firms, airport staff , ground teams by that time so it will be never again as society will have crumbled

Looks like it's country to country basis, cz gov in talks with SK and HR re allowing summer traffic without quarantine - no road traffic to HR though as would need to pass through Austria and or Hungary and Slovenia.

If that’s the year people are allowed to travel the. There won’t be any airplanes functioning , travel firms, airport staff , ground teams by that time so it will be never again as society will have crumbled

Let's home I'm wrong then

Which could result in many nationalised industries. How mad would that be, the Tories starting a big nationalisation program.

Say Spain lets in people from Uk in January 2021. I reckon there will still be restrictions to stop people who have travelled to certain countries in the previous month or so from entering

We have lost our holiday at the end of May which is no surprise, we have a long weekend book to Verona for the 1st August, not expecting that to go ahead, but still hopefull for the week in October in Corfu, but think that might go as well. Will leave booking next years flights and holidays until the end of this year just in case there is another spike next winter.

I wonder what they will do about EU nationals. My wife is desperate to see her dad in Poland as he's in fairly developed stage of cancer and he's 87. She's keeping her fingers crossed for September. Slightly off topic but Poland have peaked at 300 deaths. Not quite sure how they've managed but then they are totally neurotic about hygiene and health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back