Travel Cards for going in holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just use your debit card, upto 3% is fuck all for taking cash out or paying with it.

Spend £1000 it’s only £30.

3% plus 50p on every transaction you make is silly to just give away though (that's Lloyd's charge).

I use card for every payment possible. Over a couple of weeks I could be pissing away a decent wedge for no reason. Over a year with a bit of travelling it just looks daft.

3% plus 50p on every transaction you make is silly to just give away though (that's Lloyd's charge).

I use card for every payment possible. Over a couple of weeks I could be pissing away a decent wedge for no reason. Over a year with a bit of travelling it just looks daft.
Just looked at that Revolut which is recommended on here, there’s a monthly charge and limits how much you can take from ATM per month.

Anyone on here used these and can recommend any? Going on holiday in August and dont fancy taking loads of currency. Should I just take my debit card??
Can't be chowed to read the thread so sorry if seb.

Monzo card. You get the best rate on the day that you use it and you can also take up to £200 cash out in a 4 week period. We've just used the card for stuff and had the 200 cash for tips etc. Worked brilliantly

Just looked at that Revolut which is recommended on here, there’s a monthly charge and limits how much you can take from ATM per month.

It's free. You don't need a premium amount. There an ATM limit but who is taking out wedges of cash like that these days anyway? The point of the card is to use it contactless to avoid having to go exchanging cash.

It charges you once you withdraw more than the limit but it's still cheaper than your bank (most likely).

It's free. You don't need a premium amount. There an ATM limit but who is taking out wedges of cash like that these days anyway? The point of the card is to use it contactless to avoid having to go exchanging cash.

It charges you once you withdraw more than the limit but it's still cheaper than your bank (most likely).
:lol:

Withdrawing cash man, there's a blast from the past.

I use Revolut and have zero complaints (they even gave me a fancy metal card anarl so I look git flash).

Monzo for me. Instant message on the app to show how much you have spent and excellent ER. If you lose the card, then you just cancel the card via the app. Take debit card as backup.

Monzo for me. Instant message on the app to show how much you have spent and excellent ER. If you lose the card, then you just cancel the card via the app. Take debit card as backup.

Even if you lose the card you can just set up a virtual card and add it to Google or Apple Pay and use your phone. Continue as normal.

Another one for revolut as recommended by @James. Its the only card I need when travelling. Superb for splitting the bill and sending money to someone else.

Edit to my previous post:#21 above
Revolut gave better exchange rates than caxton and travelex on 21.March
£1000 got €1157 as opposed to €1127 and €1126.

Maybe I might switch or add next trip.

Think caxton is probably cheaper if you need to make frequent cash withdrawals ?

Research to be done.

Anyone on here used these and can recommend any? Going on holiday in August and dont fancy taking loads of currency. Should I just take my debit card??

I usually take a pre-paid credit card, generally they are no different but it got me out of a hole once in Vegas when we smashed the room up and had to make a sharp exit, it can't be charged more than the credit on there under any circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back