Travel Cards for going in holiday

lawe toppa

Winger
Anyone on here used these and can recommend any? Going on holiday in August and dont fancy taking loads of currency. Should I just take my debit card??

Revolut is decent. You preload it from your current account and then use it like a debit card. You can withdraw from ATM's or pay by card machine in shops, restaurants etc. You get the interbank exchange rate on the day of the transaction which will be better than the debit card exchange rate. Make sure you pay in local currency though. Don't let them "helpfully" convert it to £'s for you or you'll lose out big time.

Revolut is decent. You preload it from your current account and then use it like a debit card. You can withdraw from ATM's or pay by card machine in shops, restaurants etc. You get the interbank exchange rate on the day of the transaction which will be better than the debit card exchange rate. Make sure you pay in local currency though. Don't let them "helpfully" convert it to £'s for you or you'll lose out big time.

Or you can transfer sterling to a euro account and disable the sterling account when you're away.
When the rate hit 1.20 ish a few months back I locked in £600.

Aye I've got that one as well, really good.

What she said. Revolut is the way ahead. Pre loaded my card for America in 2 weeks time. Can't go wrong.

Back