Transgender Sports People. BBC 1 Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say we get to a point where a female transitions to male. They’re obviously going to take male hormones on board. Say they get tested for drugs at the end of the race what are they now looking for. They’re on about it now so here we go

One thing I’ll say about this. Martina Navratilova is such a nice woman. Why did she get dragged into this man.

Navratilova has a direct interest in this. She played against Rene Richards.

Say we get to a point where a female transitions to male. They’re obviously going to take male hormones on board. Say they get tested for drugs at the end of the race what are they now looking for. They’re on about it now so here we go

One thing I’ll say about this. Martina Navratilova is such a nice woman. Why did she get dragged into this man.
It won’t happen, because there is no way a woman, even pumped with hormones, will be able to compete. They will still have the female physiology

Navratilova has a direct interest in this. She played against Rene Richards.
Missed your point earlier. Caster Semenya Case was utterly ridiculous. She’s a woman and deserved to get where she was. I felt really sorry for her and was amazed what happened afterwards. I don’t think she should even be involved in this it’s a totally separate case. She was treat f***ing stupidly.

Missed your point earlier. Caster Semenya Case was utterly ridiculous. She’s a woman and deserved to get where she was. I felt really sorry for her and was amazed what happened afterwards. I don’t think she should even be involved in this it’s a totally separate case. She was treat f***ing stupidly.
Doesn't she have XY chromosomes and a correspondingly huge testosterone level?

It won’t happen, because there is no way a woman, even pumped with hormones, will be able to compete. They will still have the female physiology
Men aren’t allowed to and rightly so take performance enhancing drugs. If you had a ftm competing in competitive sport with a man then they’d be on what is banned in sport.

It’s a moot point really because they’d have to go through qualifying to get to the olympics and never qualify against a CIS man I suppose.

Same here but she may be banned, or at least need to take hormone suppressants, depending on a court case. It's difficult because she and one or two of her competitors have a natural advantage but it's not much different to Bolt's stride length, Geoff Capes' copious girth etc.

What a wishy washy conclusion to an interesting programme

Aye, the conclusion is that Martina is interested in the subject and the motor racing transgender woman would add some glamour to Top Gear.

Last edited:
Doesn't she have XY chromosomes and a correspondingly huge testosterone level?
I can’t say I’ve read a lot about it mate but she was born a woman so to me that’s fair enough. Messi was born a f***ing freak and everyone just likes watching him play in the sport that he naturally fit into. In a thousand years time maybe we will discover a gene that will have a level of chemical in his body that made him who he is and why he’s so good.

Same here but she may be banned, or at least need to take hormone suppressants, depending on a court case. It's difficult because she and one or two of her competitors have a natural advantage but it's not much different to Bolt's stride length, Geoff Capes' copious girth etc.

Aye, the conclusion is that Martina is interested in the subject and the motor racing transgender woman would add some glamour to Top Gear.
That’s the point though. She was born a woman and has competed in woman’s sport. It’s not her fault about her testosterone levels. It’s tough shit that the others weren’t born that way. That’s just sport. People are born with the edge.

Last edited:
I can’t say I’ve read a lot about it mate but she was born a woman so to me that’s fair enough. Messi was born a f***ing freak and everyone just likes watching him play in the sport that he naturally fit into. In a thousand years time maybe we will discover a gene that will have a level of chemical in his body that made him who he is and why he’s so good.
She was born outside of the binary sex categories really, not her fault but it doesn't change the fact.

She was born outside of the binary sex categories really, not her fault but it doesn't change the fact.

But, what does she then do? She's been faster than the other kids all through her life. People have noticed and she's been basically hothoused into athletics then she's told that she's ineligible to compete in all of the major competitions normally available in athletics. She's foregone a more formal education because she's going to be a great athlete. What happens now? Also, at what point do we start to monitor, well, all children world wide because this can and will happen again?

There will be so many reasons that you’re good at sport that sets you apart from the rest. Genes. In 500 years we will probably know every one of them and be able to more or less know how to develop every bit of the human body to make them perfect at what they do. At the minute we’re at a crossroads. We don’t let drugs in and we’re separated by sex. We should stick to it at the minute because there’s an obvious divide. Currently women and men are separated by sport and their abilities through the fact we have years of testosterone running through our bodies.

But, what does she then do? She's been faster than the other kids all through her life. People have noticed and she's been basically hothoused into athletics then she's told that she's ineligible to compete in all of the major competitions normally available in athletics. She's foregone a more formal education because she's going to be a great athlete. What happens now? Also, at what point do we start to monitor, well, all children world wide because this can and will happen again?

Leave her in woman’s athletics. The poor lass is a woman. It should never have got to this.

Last edited:
Well it's complicated, but all I would say is that this isn't all about Caster Semenya

Well it's complicated, but all I would say is that this isn't all about Caster Semenya

No, it isn't, unless you're her or one of her competitors. It varies from sport to sport. I'd argue, however, that the discussion about Semenya and the discussion about transgender athletes should be treated separately.

That’s the point though. She was born a woman and has competed in woman’s sport. It’s not her fault about her testosterone levels. It’s tough shit that the others weren’t born that way. That’s just sport. People are born with the edge.
The problem is, supposedly, she has internal testes and is basically a man. A weird outlier as she is intersex, but unfair all the same. Just looking at her she has the musculature of a man.

No, it isn't, unless you're her or one of her competitors. It varies from sport to sport. I'd argue, however, that the discussion about Semenya and the discussion about transgender athletes should be treated separately.
She hasn’t transitioned so if she indentifies as a woman then she’s a woman. She should be allowed to compete in women’s sports. I don’t see why it has been an issue. She can’t help her testosterone levels.

There are a few common threads but it's not helpful to think of them the same, I agree.

She hasn’t transitioned so if she indentifies as a woman then she’s a woman. She should be allowed to compete in women’s sports. I don’t see why it has been an issue. She can’t help her testosterone levels.
Haway man.

Last edited:
The problem is, supposedly, she has internal testes and is basically a man. A weird outlier as she is intersex, but unfair all the same. Just looking at her she has the musculature of a man.
It’s not unfair at all. People are sometimes born physically better at sports better than others. I came close to getting to being a very successful high jumper given my height. I pissed all over kids my age. I had mates that were with me. One played football at a very high level and a mate of mine played in the premier league.

There are a few common threads but it's not helpful to think of them the same, I agree.

Haway man.
Haway man in context.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back