Transgender Sports People. BBC 1 Now.

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
Very interested in this. I’ve always thought that it was absolutely cut and dried that if a man transitioning into a female would have a huge advantage over an individual whom was born a woman.

Be interesting if this program changes opinion. It’s presented by Martina Navratilova who has been vocal on the subject.

Depends on the sport. If you’re an 8 stone weakling as a man you’ll probably get howked all owa off a burly woman boxer.
Boxing for instance. Regardless I bet 99% of transgender women would knock a CIS woman.

As much as I'm all for people to be who they want to be I do think at times you just have to accept certain aspects of life will be out of reach.
That’s my thoughts but I’m going into this open minded.

Martina is totally throwing her fellow female sportspeople under the bus for her own personal benefit. Putting her own image ahead of her previous common sense position.

Martina is totally throwing her fellow female sportspeople under the bus for her own personal benefit. Putting her own image ahead of her previous common sense position.
She isn’t she’s being clever and letting people hang themselves. If people are glakey and can’t figure this out then that’s their lookout. She’s asking good questions and leaving people to make their own minds up.

This sociologist is a f***ing moron
f***ing rights....

Golf...

They hit it 50 yards further.

In the BBC article she is now advocating for women’s sport basically being open

Sociologist Ellis Cashmore tells Navratilova sport will have to change in the same way other parts of society are adapting to gender fluidity - but admits he has been struggling "to figure an alternative".

"I don't think women's sport will look the same in 10 years' time," he explains.

"I think a great many sports are going to have to come to terms with the fact they are going to have to mix sports - in other words, dissolve the binary completely and just say they're open."

"Society has changed so much. The rules certainly need to evolve," Navratilova agrees.

"If you don't adapt, you've got problems. So we'll keep adapting and try to find a happy way forward."

Martina Navratilova explores issues faced by trans athletes in BBC documentary

She isn’t she’s being clever and letting people hang themselves. If people are glakey and can’t figure this out then that’s their lookout. She’s asking good questions and leaving people to make their own minds up.

f***ing rights....

Golf...

They hit it 50 yards further.
You might be right. I was just going by the BBC writeup

Last edited:
It's only because they've not been in the white heat of competition with men. :lol:
Just thinking here and by all means correct me if I’m wrong. Again I’m happy to be change my mind. How come Dwayne Chambers can be banned for being pumped full of drugs and banned as he was chemically attempting an advantage but these people who are taking similar synthetics are ok to be in it.

Will we just accept drugs in athletics?

Just thinking here and by all means correct me if I’m wrong. Again I’m happy to be change my mind. How come Dwayne Chambers can be banned for being pumped full of drugs and banned as he was chemically attempting an advantage but these people who are taking similar synthetics are ok to be in it.

Will we just accept drugs in athletics?

Depends on who/what you mean here. Caster Semenya, for example, isn't on drugs and hasn't had surgery to change her gender but seems to be the most controversial figure in this regard currently.

Depends on who/what you mean here. Caster Semenya, for example, isn't on drugs and hasn't had surgery to change her gender but seems to be the most controversial figure in this regard currently.
Say we get to a point where a female transitions to male. They’re obviously going to take male hormones on board. Say they get tested for drugs at the end of the race what are they now looking for. They’re on about it now so here we go

One thing I’ll say about this. Martina Navratilova is such a nice woman. Why did she get dragged into this man.

Last edited:

Back