Transgender Sports People. BBC 1 Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is a crazy argument from the women. It's not like the Olympics or the Tennis where its one tournament with two competitions running. This is its own independent competition, and the prize fund comes from the income generated. You want equal pay, then have your World Cup run during the men's tournament and then you can share the wealth.
I know they were moaning because the men’s team had 1st class travel to games and the women have big standard flights. That might be a bit bad mind however does the woman’s game make enough money to not be subsidised by the mens. Probably not.

I know they were moaning because the men’s team had 1st class travel to games and the women have big standard flights. That might be a bit bad mind however does the woman’s game make enough money to not be subsidised by the mens. Probably not.

Its a petty argument, but I understand it. Men's team chartered a private flight and the FA has the money to do the same for the women. I bet the lasses aren't on an EasyJet home if they win the whole thing though.

The hypocrisy in sports, especially the treatment of female athletes is awful (particularly in football).

It's a difficult one but I think women's sport is too important to allow some outliers to change the game.
It is mate. Just read this and it seems even the iAAF aren’t sure on how to test. Is it hormones, X&Y or testosterone levels. Interesting article actually...

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/azeenghorayshi/sex-testing-olympians

Its a petty argument, but I understand it. Men's team chartered a private flight and the FA has the money to do the same for the women. I bet the lasses aren't on an EasyJet home if they win the whole thing though.

The hypocrisy in sports, especially the treatment of female athletes is awful (particularly in football).
I get it too. I do think with travel, equipment, facilities etc should all be the same. Equal pay for the domestic game, no.

Last edited:
I get it too. I do think with travel, equipment, facilities etc should all be the same. Equal pay for the domestic game, no.

The tennis argument that is pushed over here for an example is the most misleading argument you can have. When the income generated from the women's game is on par with the men's then by all means pay equality. Until then you can't even begin to argue the point. Now that said, I know that the US Women's National Team does generate more revenue than the men's team, so from an international perspective either then men should accept a pay decrease or the women should get a raise, but that's not based on income equality, that's simple maths.

The tennis argument that is pushed over here for an example is the most misleading argument you can have. When the income generated from the women's game is on par with the men's then by all means pay equality. Until then you can't even begin to argue the point. Now that said, I know that the US Women's National Team does generate more revenue than the men's team, so from an international perspective either then men should accept a pay decrease or the women should get a raise, but that's not based on income equality, that's simple maths.
Wow so do the blokes still get more? What about the comparable domestic league? Better followed woman’s game is it?

Wow so do the blokes still get more? What about the comparable domestic league? Better followed woman’s game is it?

I think tennis has pretty much closed the gender gap on the prize fund now (although I may be wrong), that said men play best of 5 women just the best of 3 sets in slams

Nobody watches the womens game here as far as footy is concerned. Its only marginally better attended that say the Russell Foster League

I think tennis has pretty much closed the gender gap on the prize fund now (although I may be wrong), that said men play best of 5 women just the best of 3 sets in slams

Nobody watches the womens game here as far as footy is concerned. Its only marginally better attended that say the Russell Foster League
At Wimbledon you get the same money for less work if you're female.

This is another example of people wanting everything that they want and they don't want to pay for it, they don't want to earn any of it they don't want any negative consequences for anything.

They just want the world to be how they want it, free of charge, delivered to their door when it suits them, they need to grow up.

This is another example of people wanting everything that they want and they don't want to pay for it, they don't want to earn any of it they don't want any negative consequences for anything.

They just want the world to be how they want it, free of charge, delivered to their door when it suits them, they need to grow up.
That’s what you often find with these people. They don’t want to fit in with the world. They think everyone will work around them. That lad slagging off Sunderland for not flying an anti homophobia flag. Why the fuck should anyone dance to his tune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back