Toys that were crap....

My mam gave away the millennium falcon, shit loads of transformers and action men, didn't give a fuck :lol:

me sister tells a story that she was walking past a charity shop one day and spotted a teddy in the window that looked just like the one she had since she was toddler, went home and told me mam, "it was probably yours, I gave it away the other day, you never played with it"

I had a load of Star Wars stuff and sold them all to get a ZX Spectrum. It’s only over the past few years that I realised they probably be worth a fortune now. One of my first Star Wars figures was a medical droid didn’t know until few years ago that it was quite rare and only a few were actually made and somebody had sold one for £64,000 🤬

My mam gave away the millennium falcon, shit loads of transformers and action men, didn't give a fuck :lol:

me sister tells a story that she was walking past a charity shop one day and spotted a teddy in the window that looked just like the one she had since she was toddler, went home and told me mam, "it was probably yours, I gave it away the other day, you never played with it"
Similar tale here, had a load of stuff in me mam's loft from when I lived there. She moved and left it all there. "I didn't think you'd have left anything important up there."

Another shout out for subbuteo. Loved the idea of it, making your own stadium, buying different teams, the balls, the trophies, the floodlights, the scoreboard etc etc, but when it came down to it the game was utterly, utterly dog shit

Related to the transformers were the gobots and the rock lord series. Rather than a robot that transformed into a truck, car or jet, it transformed into a green plastic rock where you could sit there and think of as many imaginative games as you could, with a fake rock.

Related to the transformers were the gobots and the rock lord series. Rather than a robot that transformed into a truck, car or jet, it transformed into a green plastic rock where you could sit there and think of as many imaginative games as you could, with a fake rock.

Yep.... suitably shit

My sister in law bought her daughter a kite.
We went to the beach, and after a lot of f***ing about trying to get it to go, we did. Dead proud of ourselves as it hung there in the air.

Gave the kid the string. She held it then said "What do we do with it now?"

I looked at the sister-in-law blankly. Kid crashed the kite. We went and had ice cream. What a waste of time.

Yoyos as well.... shite
She should have bought a stunt kite - endless fun trying to dive bomb dogs and people

Anyone mentioned Bandais Go-Bot's? A poor alternative to the Transformers.

The worst I had was Major Morgan.

These used to piss me off...

Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image

The fuckin' proton gun was the wrong way round, with that daft stream emitting from the wrong end. This meant ya had to bite the stupid stream off, and put the gun on the ghostbuster's arm the opposite way round, which inevitably meant ya broke the little plastic arm straps as they weren't designed to go on that way.

Kenner obviously took us kids for mugs.

I had them all and I had Ecto-1.

Last edited:

Back