Tour de France 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Landa seems to be wanting to be the main GC guy for the team which surely means leading at the tour.
Just seems to be no better off by going to Movistar.
Might be better off going elsewhere ?

Personally think Quintana is on the way out. Those rumours about leaving don't come from nowhere and his dad didn't exactly hold back when he spoke about how he felt the team had treat him this year. Assuming he doesn't win the Tour next year, I'm expecting him to move on because he will start to quickly run out of time, especially when you look at the quality of younger riders emerging. Astana seems a good bet.

Landa is in a position of power. He looks like the only Spaniard who looks capable of winning a GC in the next couple of years. Movistar have to have him. I'm thinking he'll lead the Giro next year and with a good result, the team will be his by 2019.

Landa seems to be wanting to be the main GC guy for the team which surely means leading at the tour.
Just seems to be no better off by going to Movistar.
Might be better off going elsewhere ?
Yeah- A team like Bora would be a good fit for him.

that is about as mental as anything I've ever seen

loads of it online I'm addicted... should be on the tele

I've just got in from work and got half a dozen games(?) lined up to watch :lol:

It's Takeshi's Castle but insane. Which is definitely something I never thought I'd type.

i can just imagine Lamine Koné fighting through the pain barrier like that for himself & his team mates...

maybe's not...
Easy to pluck out a name like Kone. Plenty players have played through bad injuries. Dan Martin was probably given every possible drug legally available to ease his pain.

Easy to pluck out a name like Kone. Plenty players have played through bad injuries. Dan Martin was probably given every possible drug legally available to ease his pain.

apart from Bert Trautman i'm struggling to think of footballers who have played through injuries as serious as fractured vertebrae (Martin), fractured pelvis (Thomas), needed hip replacement (Landis) to name 3 off the top of my head

not counting the ones who've ridden on with broken ribs, collarbones etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back