Tour de France 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

:D

i was really trying to take you serious, but meh...

The lad made a good recovery (albeit after a shaky start). He had the good grace to apologise for his belligerence and patently has a real and genuine interest in cycling, so he'll be welcome back to the Vuelta thread (by me at least).

After all, David Millar is now the acceptable face of post-doping on the basis that he showed contrition, so @Daylight should be welcomed back with open arms!! :):)

Didn't realise the fantasy SMB league is taken so seriously.....quite pleased I was a previous lantern rouge, didn't realise I'd passed on mantle to Percy
Aye,thick as fuck you like.:lol::lol:

Blinded and blinkered the lot of you. You all owe me an apology when Brailsford's world comes crashing down.

Blinded and blinkered the lot of you. You all owe me an apology when Brailsford's world comes crashing down.
Sorry.

Sorry.

Last edited:
i see it has'nt taken long for Landa to start crying 'if only.....'

Only surprise is it wasn't in AS or Marca ;)

Brailsford said he'd still like to keep him but seems certain off to Movistar. I think trying to be the main man there will be just as difficult for him though

Only surprise is it wasn't in AS or Marca ;)

Brailsford said he'd still like to keep him but seems certain off to Movistar. I think trying to be the main man there will be just as difficult for him though

That was my thoughts, he keeps jumping from team to team with much bigger GC names. Astana, Sky then Movistar.

He'll be third wheel to Nairo and Valverde surely in the TdF next year?

That was my thoughts, he keeps jumping from team to team with much bigger GC names. Astana, Sky then Movistar.

probably, but he'll probs get his shot at being leader at the Giro

police motorbike remember

Year before he was also team leader but abandoned early on due to illness.

Genuinely can't see him leading Movistar at Tour so will he not be in the same boat,? though he would get chance possibly to lead at Vuelta, though no guarantees there either.

Year before he was also team leader but abandoned early on due to illness.

Genuinely can't see him leading Movistar at Tour so will he not be in the same boat,? though he would get chance possibly to lead at Vuelta, though no guarantees there either.

forgot about the previous year

from a commercial point of view would make sense for Landa - Giro, Nairo - TDF, Piti - Vuelta

but then how would they explain away Piti being awesome from March all the way through to September

;)

forgot about the previous year

from a commercial point of view would make sense for Landa - Giro, Nairo - TDF, Piti - Vuelta

but then how would they explain away Piti being awesome from March all the way through to September

;)

because he's just Piti :lol:

Landa was leader at Giro along with Thomas and was reluctant to ride the Tour, even after not riding full gas as leader after his crash)
Just can see the same "problems" with Landa at Movistar. He's not shy at saying it how he sees it( quite like that about him) the internal politics around grand tour rides at Movistar could be interesting

The problem with spending the summer watching cycling and seeing courage and determination like this, is that I always despise football and pathetic, prima donna footballers for the first couple of months of the season!! Chapeau Dan Martin; hard as nails.
Sanctimonious twaddle.

Nairo for the TdF, Landa for the Vuelta. Valverde as back up in both...................just a thought.

Nairo for the TdF, Landa for the Vuelta. Valverde as back up in both...................just a thought.

Landa seems to be wanting to be the main GC guy for the team which surely means leading at the tour.
Just seems to be no better off by going to Movistar.
Might be better off going elsewhere ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back