Tour de France 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicks off on Saturday with a Time Trial in Dusseldorf before a couple of stages running through to Belgium then a cheeky little jaunt into Luxembourg before the main French stages.

It looks a particularly dull course this year with not too many climbs, and all stuck out in the South & East of France, nowt in the West which is a bit of a shame for us. On the plus side, it looks like the Grand Depart next year will be Vendée so I might dodge down for that.

Who will be the main players this time round? Can't see the lirrul Colombian fella being too happy with the course this year.

Kicks off on Saturday with a Time Trial in Dusseldorf before a couple of stages running through to Belgium then a cheeky little jaunt into Luxembourg before the main French stages.

It looks a particularly dull course this year with not too many climbs, and all stuck out in the South & East of France, nowt in the West which is a bit of a shame for us. On the plus side, it looks like the Grand Depart next year will be Vendée so I might dodge down for that.

Who will be the main players this time round? Can't see the lirrul Colombian fella being too happy with the course this year.

Actually the lack of the usual big mountain finishes is an attempt to inject some life into the tour. Shorter more explosive stages with the potential for Formigal type ambushes, well that's Prudhommes plan.
One of the stages goes from Eymet( about 15 miles from the in laws) and the following day to Bergerac but the missus can't get leave during term time ...marvellous :evil:

Agree that the route might not suit Quintana, may suit Piti( despite what he says about being there purely to support Quintana)

Hard to look beyond Froome or Porte( Froome certainly has stronger team)
All stages live on telly btw...stage 9 already looks a cracker

froome was saying it's his biggest challenge due to how open the race should be and the number of challengers there will be... can't wait me*

*although i'll fall asleep most nights and miss the best bits.

Just set up the tradtional SMB fantasy TDF league over at Velogames:

https://www.velogames.com/

League Name: SMB 2017
League Code: 74768998

Obviously, not all teams have made their final line up choices so difficult to choose a final team.

As @Cee Jay says, tricky to look beyond Froome or Porte. That's the bookies' opinion as well from the look of it.

will have a go....reckon I can pip @Hitchin Exile for his lantern Rouge this year

Backed Valverde a month or two ago 14/1 E/W

Looking forward to the opening TT...gaps might not be huge but an early indicator of who is strong

i'll be in Perigeux for the the Perigeux - Bergerac stage on the 10th.. might be the 9th. not worked logistics of where to watch yet.

have a doss about the start then head off before the depart to get a point a decent vantage point

i'll be in Perigeux for the the Perigeux - Bergerac stage on the 10th.. might be the 9th. not worked logistics of where to watch yet.

have a doss about the start then head off before the depart to get a point a decent vantage point

should have been the second stage I'd be there for...not bitter or owt ;)

Eymet will be class( really got into the whole thing a few years back when the race passed through) never mind hosting a start

on that stage I'd plump for Montignac...very pretty

I have the following bets on (placed throughout the last year):

Jon Izaguirre e/w 250/1
Fulgslang e/w 33/1
Majka e/w 50/1
Simon Yates e/w 50/1
Valverde e/w 50/1
Aru e/w 33/1
Chaves e/w 40/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back