Tony Davison has a new job

Status
Not open for further replies.
those things need to happen, and would stop a lot of problems, it would essentially stop the bvery well meaning and genuine fans hsaving the scepticism they naturally do.

but it wont stop the smear merchants..because they dont care about the club..they are willing to tell any lie..to make a few quid..
You almost perfectly described my view of our current board. So go on then - do you know information from Inside the club - if so how - if not are you just expressing your own personal opinions the same as others do and aren’t superior ? Which is it ?

You almost perfectly described my view of our current board. So go on then - do you know information from Inside the club - if so how - if not are you just expressing your own personal opinions the same as others do and aren’t superior ? Which is it ?
i dont have iside info. i just express my opinion.
except for one thing i know about , which i think i have mentioned here before. he has an acquiantace from his oxford united days, the acquantance is a mag. He told CM that SAFC gave away thousands of free tickets, and discounted tickets and told cm "not to believe the gate numbers and the fans attitude to attendances" and so CM caqme to safc much more cynical about the fanbase than SD did.

the difference is the agenda monegers are people who want the club to do badly, who want the fans to drive SD out, because the agenda monegrs can then buy sundelrand on the cheap. they werent able to buy it last time because ES thought with juan on baord DSD had more cash.
if the price falls lower, the other group could come in. So while SD has been disingenous in his comments, he isnt lying to do hamr to the club, the agenda monegrs are.

i dont have iside info. i just express my opinion.
except for one thing i know about , which i think i have mentioned here before. he has an acquiantace from his oxford united days, the acquantance is a mag. He told CM that SAFC gave away thousands of free tickets, and discounted tickets and told cm "not to believe the gate numbers and the fans attitude to attendances" and so CM caqme to safc much more cynical about the fanbase than SD did.

the difference is the agenda monegers are people who want the club to do badly, who want the fans to drive SD out, because the agenda monegrs can then buy sundelrand on the cheap. they werent able to buy it last time because ES thought with juan on baord DSD had more cash.
if the price falls lower, the other group could come in. So while SD has been disingenous in his comments, he isnt lying to do hamr to the club, the agenda monegrs are.

Good to clarify you only have opinions not superior knowledge.

Who are the agenda mongers you have an opinion about ? Name them. The people running the club down? People on here? People saying we have a poor brand ?

I actually want people to get the club on the cheap if it means there is more to invest in the infrastructure. What is your opinion on this? It appears you want the board to get a high price. Why do you care?

Good to clarify you only have opinions not superior knowledge.

Who are the agenda mongers you have an opinion about ? Name them. The people running the club down? People on here? People saying we have a poor brand ?

I actually want people to get the club on the cheap if it means there is more to invest in the infrastructure. What is your opinion on this? It appears you want the board to get a high price. Why do you care?
if they want the club on the cheap it doesnt mean they have money to invest more, it kight mean they have less cash.
the group bid gfor the club and had an ex safc player and now football agent called gordon armstronmg in it with them.
they want the club cheap because it will be a good deal for them.
ellis didnt give them the club last time, because he thought sd and juan were the better option, maybe ellis was wrong in his choice, but it does atleats mean the laternative group were hardly compelling with their offer and their capacity.

if they want the club on the cheap it doesnt mean they have money to invest more, it kight mean they have less cash.
the group bid gfor the club and had an ex safc player and now football agent called gordon armstronmg in it with them.
they want the club cheap because it will be a good deal for them.
ellis didnt give them the club last time, because he thought sd and juan were the better option, maybe ellis was wrong in his choice, but it does atleats mean the laternative group were hardly compelling with their offer and their capacity.
Who are they ? Name them ?

It also doesn’t mean they haven’t got money whoever they are. Anyway son your world it needs time run like a business so why do they need loads of money?

Who are they ? Name them ?

It also doesn’t mean they haven’t got money whoever they are. Anyway son your world it needs time run like a business so why do they need loads of money?
they need money because safc, even run properly, will incur huge capital losses, and maybe operating losses, for years to come.
the current owners budgeted to lsoe money for the first two years at operasrting level, never mind including capital expenditure such as fees.
no one is going to come in and not want to run it like a business. but nor is it even poissible, witht he huge drop in icnome coming, to run safc to not lose money for the next year or two at keast, and probably 3-4 years.

Hopefully being back in the bosom of his family means he can lead a healthier lifestyle. Cos last time I clapped eyes on him he was way way overweight. We can’t afford to lose any more fans. It’s for his own good.

they need money because safc, even run properly, will incur huge capital losses, and maybe operating losses, for years to come.
the current owners budgeted to lsoe money for the first two years at operasrting level, never mind including capital expenditure such as fees.
no one is going to come in and not want to run it like a business. but nor is it even poissible, witht he huge drop in icnome coming, to run safc to not lose money for the next year or two at keast, and probably 3-4 years.
So do we need rich investors yes or no?

So do we need rich investors yes or no?
no one poor could afford to buy the club like..so anyone who owns us now or in the futuyre will be, by any stanbdard rich.

the problem is that some people on here think someon rich putting money in is all that amtters. it isnt. the club alsi needs to be run properlu, efficiently, with the rgith number of staff, and not just as a job creation scsheme for locals, as hapepebed in the past. The way safc is structured, in terms of the roles that are there, is all wrong. SD is effectively the director of football, and he is crap at it. CM has, or had a role that he had, is also the wrong one.

My point is, a billioanire owner running the club abdly wont lead to good outcomes, wont lead to better outcomes than someone who is merekly a illiaon ire, if the millioanire runs it properly.
And its interesting you use the term "investor",,people invest in the expectation of a return, a profit. Anyt investor will be focused on that, not viewi9ng safc as a charity case.

no one poor could afford to buy the club like..so anyone who owns us now or in the futuyre will be, by any stanbdard rich.

the problem is that some people on here think someon rich putting money in is all that amtters. it isnt. the club alsi needs to be run properlu, efficiently, with the rgith number of staff, and not just as a job creation scsheme for locals, as hapepebed in the past. The way safc is structured, in terms of the roles that are there, is all wrong. SD is effectively the director of football, and he is crap at it. CM has, or had a role that he had, is also the wrong one.

My point is, a billioanire owner running the club abdly wont lead to good outcomes, wont lead to better outcomes than someone who is merekly a illiaon ire, if the millioanire runs it properly.
And its interesting you use the term "investor",,people invest in the expectation of a return, a profit. Anyt investor will be focused on that, not viewi9ng safc as a charity case.
I agree with much of what you’ve said in here to be fair. I’m not sure about the locals bit just because I don’t have a clue.

I agree with much of what you’ve said in here to be fair. I’m not sure about the locals bit just because I don’t have a clue.
safc employed twice as many staff as newcastle, and thats when we were champ anfd they premier league. and we had more staff than tottenhanm, and we were champo and they were champiosn league!

Match day only. Though I suppose nufc and spurs will have been similar.
and then there was an issue at the end, about the type of staff employed. safc must be the only company in rbiyain not to employ a comemrcial diretor/sales director..
and yet they employed a director of change.
the change neededm, apart from on the pitch, was to sell more sponsorships!

a lot of the criticisms of how the vlub is run that you mention here are absolutely valid.
i think there was a sound commercial strategy but not much else.
TD will know exactly what SD and CM are like though, what commitment they have, he worked with them both for a while.

he lives in oxford or thereabouts i think.

and tony mus trust SD and Cm he worked for them for years.

realkly big football clubs have thousands of fans that have never been to the area..if safc achieves is potential it will have thousands more. people support clubs for all sorts of reaspns.

went to a few london events down the years..the first one was in the sports bar in old street for the man utd league cup semi-final.

there were a couple i did at the famous 3 kings in kensington,

and the old red lion for the 3-0 versus everton that we won and which relegated the mags.
any thread that starts now about the london events never seems to have anything like a consensus about where the game will be on, or where a huge group of people will be to watch it. thouhh i will be at such events in future.

Horseshit.
Horseshit.

You have this huge fascination with everything behind the scenes, little interest on the field matters yet have never ever visited.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back