Tony Davison has a new job

He was actually a good appointment. Why he felt he couldn’t work under Donald is the question.

I think the line about wanting to be near his family is the truth. If you've ever done a job a fair distance from home, particularly if you're weekly commuting, it's phenomenally hard on the family, especially if you have young kids. There comes a point where for the good of everybody, you have to do something else not as destructive to yourself of your family.

wsas very successful in the role..lots of comemrcial stuff happened didnt it?
the fact he got hired in the same role by another sportsd organisation indiates his reputation is good..

i domt see many of the executives from the short era getting employed at othetr sports teams in the roles they had here..

well the commiting thing is real.

Sorry just confirm what you mean by committing

meant to type commuting sorry..

Commuting will be a very real challenge but one people with his intelligence knew when he took it on. He would have known how he was going to manage the challenges. However experience tells me you have to have great belief in what you are doing, can see the journey and benefits ahead.
Frankly I fear he saw nothing in this for him, as he was not going to be able to build anything sustainable and thus decided to bail out. In other words SDs vision did not match his.

Commuting will be a very real challenge but one people with his intelligence knew when he took it on. He would have known how he was going to manage the challenges. However experience tells me you have to have great belief in what you are doing, can see the journey and benefits ahead.
Frankly I fear he saw nothing in this for him, as he was not going to be able to build anything sustainable and thus decided to bail out. In other words SDs vision did not match his.
i think the more prosaic answer is-yes he knew the commute would be tough-but safc is his team and its his dream job.
sd wants sustainable..why would that be a problem for the commercial director.
its certain among the fans who dont like the word sustainable..they just want someone to come and "spend some f***ing money", which is the opposite if sustainable.
TD worked with stewart and charlie beofre..with charlie twice i think..he knew their character, weath and ability when he walked through the door.

from where? ive never been to sunderland? im not sure me walking away from east london where i live will help safc..

nor will people smearing the club..it gets the club a bad rep.reduces the likelihood that good people would want to work there.
Don't you know? all the smearing and stuff is part of 'the disease'

thats correct. legitimate criticism is fine,. but making stuff up is part of a disease from fans who do it, and an agenda to exploit safc fro profit from those outside the club.
do you mean another potential takeover group who are trying to drive down the value/price of the club prior to revealing themselves as serious bidders?

do you mean another potential takeover group who are trying to drive down the value/price of the club prior to revealing themselves as serious bidders?
i think people who tried to buy the club from ellis-and have a former player as part of their grouo-and didnt get the deal from ellis-have tried to undermine the current chairman on the basis that he would want to leave quickly and sell to them and at a good price for them.

also i think some staff that were made redundant have also tried to undermine the club.
Commute can have FA to do with it
Do you think he didnt know where Sunderland was before he took the job ?
yes but its his dream job so he took it on anway-probably thinking he could cope-and then couldnt. any sort of domestic consdieration for a man with a wife and young children comes into play as well.

This thread sums up why folk either dislike or distrust kildare. Bit of both for me.

Just stated hes never actually been to sunderland yet claims to know every intricate fecking detail and preaches to us all.
Tell you what why dont you meet the london lot for a game and come from behind this weird disguise if youre just the general fan you claim to be (whos never been to the city nor has any family links whatsoever).

Back