~~Tokyo Olympics 2020/21~~

So is Eurosport the place to go actually watch this Olympics.

Looked on the he beeb and I have a choice of f***ing road cycling or boxing.

Really enjoyed that. Not normally one for cycling but that was immense.

Only down side that Sam wasn't there when they went back to the studio

Just had a brief flick through the Eurosport multi channels at the very bottom of the Sky listings (983 upwards) The women’s football had the cycling commentary over the top, the Handball has commentary in french, the tennis has no commentary and the gymnastics has no sound 😕

Hopefully things will improve

It is aye
Logon or register to see this image
All owa

Not the BBC’s fault, just like so many other live sporting events it’s a rights holders issue and Eurosport have them. BBC are only eligible to show 2 events at once, and to be fair to the BBC road cycling and boxing are the most popular ones of this morning’s selection. It’s a different point, but I do think something like the Olympics should be protected and all free to air, the whole idea is to showcase excellence and inspire the next crop of sportspeople.

Last edited:
but I do think something like the Olympics should be protected and all free to air
i presumed it already was, otherwise there'd be nothing on the beeb? i assumed this was the absolute minimum the IOC could get away with under the existing government regs?

All owa

Not the BBC’s fault, just like so many other live sporting events it’s a rights holders issue and Eurosport have them. BBC are only eligible to show 2 events at once, and to be fair to the BBC road cycling and boxing are the most popular ones of this morning’s selection. It’s a different point, but I do think something like the Olympics should be protected and all free to air, the whole idea is to showcase excellence and inspire the next crop of sportspeople.
I thought they were protected and it was just a Covid thing.

Ahh well. I used to enjoy flicking about red button and watching random sports.

I think I might have Eurosport via sky go.
Just had a brief flick through the Eurosport multi channels at the very bottom of the Sky listings (983 upwards) The women’s football had the cycling commentary over the top, the Handball has commentary in french, the tennis has no commentary and the gymnastics has no sound 😕

Hopefully things will improve
I just flicked onto handball.

English and some Arabic commentary at the same time is a bit jarring.

Last edited:
i presumed it already was, otherwise there'd be nothing on the beeb? i assumed this was the absolute minimum the IOC could get away with under the existing government regs?
Not anymore unfortunately. Pretty disappointing as for me watching the minority sports is what makes it so enjoyable. My wife did archery when she was growing up and made into the national set up, and she remembers watching the Olympics fondly as it was the only real exposure the sport would get. She can still reel off names of the Koreans from 10-15 years ago! She’s adamant that watching the pros pushed her on and made the whole thing seem more legit. There’ll be loads of kids out there who never get that chance to watch these sports, it’s a dead shame IMO.
Ahh well. I used to enjoy flicking about red button and watching random sports

Absolutely, best thing about the Olympics for me.

Discovery Plus app, there's a 3 day free trial, then £4.99 a month for the entertainment pass, but you can cancel at any time. It has Live streams of anything that's happening, including the Eurosport channels.

Watching some 3v3 basketball now

Back