~~Tokyo Olympics 2020/21~~

The fact that BLM gesturing is banned from the Olympics is fantastic. Keep politics away from sport.
they have for the first time changed the Olympic Motto to be citius altius fortius - communis

they just delivered a whole speech on the importance of diversity and equality and that the olympics embodies the humanity in sport

the whole Olympics is a stand in solidarity for diversity and against inequality

It's a horrendous opening ceremony like. Some lass has been playing free jazz on a piano for ten minutes while some fella who looks like dame edna in a kimono gurns at the camera

I love that they have a refugee team again
I love that they have made the huge message of inclusivity in changing the motto

I loved the ceremony, that it was more restrained, could have lost the Japanese "comedy", loved the emphasis they made on stating the Olympic ideals for peace, humanity and welcoming those still suffering war and inequality etc

I love that they have a refugee team again
I love that they have made the huge message of inclusivity in changing the motto

I loved the ceremony, that it was more restrained, could have lost the Japanese "comedy", loved the emphasis they made on stating the Olympic ideals for peace, humanity and welcoming those still suffering war and inequality etc

I think the bit which still brings everything home was the aerial shot of Tokyo - I can only imagine what a buzzing city that would normally be and it was virtually deserted. Very strange times but I think they reflected that in the ceremony. I know money is not a defining reason but they must have lost a significant amount in their local economy because of the scaled down approach.

The world of 2012 feels like a very different place to what it is now. Most thing seemed to make sense back then.

Since then I've changed job twice, lost a parent and two other relatives. We've had 3 elections, a stupid referendum and a global pandemic. Sunderland were a mid-table Premier League side.

I was in the Olympic Park on the afternoon of Super Saturday then went to a pub to watch the 3 gold medals being won. One of my best days out in London ever.
Time flies eh?
I found myself singing " good morning Tokyo " today . Then I realised it was from the last Tokyo Olympics in 64 . Jesus I'm old .

I think the bit which still brings everything home was the aerial shot of Tokyo - I can only imagine what a buzzing city that would normally be and it was virtually deserted. Very strange times but I think they reflected that in the ceremony. I know money is not a defining reason but they must have lost a significant amount in their local economy because of the scaled down approach.

That was eerie, no cars buzzing around, nothing, figured everyone is at home watching though, I know my niece and nephew are.

I've got flights for Japan sitting there too but you're not allowed in yet ffs

I don't know why they don't just have one team member carrying the flag for each country, it would be much quicker.

It always looks a bit lopsided when some teams have dozens of members marching around the stadium, whilst others have just a couple.

Back