~~Tokyo Olympics 2020/21~~

I was in the stadium on Super Saturday at London 2012, in a crowd of 80,000, for the morning athletics session.

Saw Usain Bolt in the 100m heats, Jessica Ennis in the long jump and javelin Heptathlon events and Oscar Pistorius, the first Para athlete to compete in the Olympics.

It would be difficult to do better than Rio though this time around given that we finished second to the USA!

I couldn't get any athletics tickets for the 2012 Olympics but managed to get into the first session of the Paralympics

I wasn't expecting much but entering that stadium to see it full for the qualifying rounds of Paralympics events was one of the most jaw dropping moments of my life. Tanni Grey-Thompson has said in in previous Games you could have named most of the crowd.

This is the predicted Tokyo medal table from the BBC:

I couldn't get any athletics tickets for the 2012 Olympics but managed to get into the first session of the Paralympics

I wasn't expecting much but entering that stadium to see it full for the qualifying rounds of Paralympics events was one of the most jaw dropping moments of my life. Tanni Grey-Thompson has said in in previous Games you could have named most of the crowd.

This is the predicted Tokyo medal table from the BBC:
Aye, the Paralympics attendances at London 2012 will never be bettered.

The day i was at the Olympics there were 300,000 people in the Olympic Park.

Went to the post Olympics parade in central London as well when there were over a million people lining the route!
Brisbane 2032 😎
So next three then are Paris 2024, Los Angeles 2028 and then Brisbane in 2032.

Feel really sorry for Tokyo, they would have put on an amazing games under normal circumstances.

Brazil 2016 was terrible in terms of attendances, it's a pity those games weren't the ones behind closed doors.

Last edited:
Is there an official guide book/magazine out with all the timings and scheduling?

Feel right out of touch with what is probably the greatest show on earth (normally!)

Is there an official guide book/magazine out with all the timings and scheduling?

Feel right out of touch with what is probably the greatest show on earth (normally!)
I haven’t found a decent one. The one on the official site is pretty crap.

I haven’t found a decent one. The one on the official site is pretty crap.

I downloaded the app, but always like a guide. Maybe the newspapers will have one in tomorrow. Some of the timings are going to be pretty bad for UK viewers. I remember setting 3am alarms for certain finals in Beijing.

watching this and loving it, find it really moving for some daft reason
loving the updated motto to citius altius fortius - communis

apparently on iPlayer they have individual road to Tokyo stories for the GB team stars

I downloaded the app, but always like a guide. Maybe the newspapers will have one in tomorrow. Some of the timings are going to be pretty bad for UK viewers. I remember setting 3am alarms for certain finals in Beijing.
aye, 3am Sunday for Peaty I think - will just go straight to iplayer when I wake up, balls to getting up at that time

Back