Todays tactics

nessen

Striker
I say this fully aware that it could’ve been different if stoke could score in a brothel and given there position. That is the most positive I’ve seen them play for months!

Clarke was back to his great form. Ba looked better with a faster ball to him. I was getting so sick of the kill the ball and pass to the next man from a static position under Mowbray. We even saw a good old goal kick!

Every pass seemed to have the intent of moving the ball forward instead of back to the keeper.

I say this fully aware that it could’ve been different if stoke could score in a brothel and given there position. That is the most positive I’ve seen them play for months!

Clarke was back to his great form. Ba looked better with a faster ball to him. I was getting so sick of the kill the ball and pass to the next man from a static position under Mowbray. We even saw a good old goal kick!

Every pass seemed to have the intent of moving the ball forward instead of back to the keeper.
Think the difference with Clarke was he must have been told to stop high. He made little effort to track back & was as high as Burstow a lot of the time, not coming from really deep.

If that was an instruction, well done Beale. We’ll all be quick to jump on his shitness, so it’s only fair to acknowledge good bits.

Stoke were utter donkey shit. They had 5 chances 4 of which were off our own goal kick(singular) but we miss 2 good chances before that. Similar level to Preston in reality.
Think the difference with Clarke was he must have been told to stop high. He made little effort to track back & was as high as Burstow a lot of the time, not coming from really deep.

If that was an instruction, well done Beale. We’ll all be quick to jump on his shitness, so it’s only fair to acknowledge good bits.
I noticed that but felt the wings were exposed to 2v1s a bit too much. But in my own criticism you can find fault if you look hard enough

Last edited:

Yep

makes all the difference

Stoke were utter donkey shit. They had 5 chances 4 of which were off our own goal kick(singular) but we miss 2 good chances before that. Similar level to Preston in reality.

I noticed that but felt the wings were exposed to 2v1s a bit too much. But in my own criticism you can find fault if you look hard enough
To be fair though I’d rather they directly press and play out from a proper goal kick and play more direct than all this possession based shit that we can’t break down. We’re going to see more balls lost and goals conceded but it’s much better to watch.

Clarke absolutely owned Gooch all game as well

I've already posted mate. The goal kicks were a massive difference. Went long and allowed us to get high up the pitch and pen them in. That's were our 3rd goal stemmed from. Our players weren't going sideways half as much and were actually carrying the ball forward. I thought Dan Neil was immense today.

Ha’way mate course teams are going to have chances in almost every game if they aren’t good enough to take them that’s their problem not ours.

Don’t disagree marra. But they had a couple of clear cut chances second half and Patto made a few decent saves.

Don’t disagree marra. But they had a couple of clear cut chances second half and Patto made a few decent saves.
Clarke and ekwah should have had 2 in the first 15 mins or so.
And our goals were all clear cut, not lucky OG defections or owt
We are good when we play high tempo
Thought we did that in patches today and looked excellent when we did
Some very good movement up top
We were poor for 20 mins or so before half time and the crowd were getting restless.
Goal came in the nick of time

Aye mate definitely but like another poster said we also missed a few. I think we can all agree today was better but that needs to be the minimum level and we have to look to build on that performance for next week.

In every after match interview before today Beale has talked about how we should be quicker all round and get more crosses and shots in, today we finally did.

I'm expecting the players to kick on now. Clarke looks as if he's got instructions to cross or pass more instead of shooting all the time, which looks a good thing to me.

Clarke and ekwah should have had 2 in the first 15 mins or so.
And our goals were all clear cut, not lucky OG defections or owt

We were poor for 20 mins or so before half time and the crowd were getting restless.
Goal came in the nick of time

Yeah I agree.

Was a pretty even affair first half and either side could have been a goal or two ahead. Pleased we scored when we did.

Onwards and upwards.

Back